Calypso-E34

Pantri Trading

I've been looking on Ebay at bits and pieces as you do, and I come across this seller frequently.  Has anyone used them before?  Any idea why their prices are so mental?

Yeah; used them for a few parts that were hard to find

Other than that I try to avoid as their prices are a piss-take :rolleyes: 

I'd avoid unless absolutely necessary!

I would have said that most of the USED parts he sells is 90% of the price of new parts direct from BMW. I wouldn't suggest buying from pantri, in a risk that it might inflate his already ridiculous prices and will end up fleecing more people of their hard earned. It benefits us much more as a enthusiast community to keep the market for classic car parts direct from BMW in demand rather than pay through the nose for crappy, ridiculously over priced used second hand parts...... There obviously exceptions to this as Dan highlighted above, but I personally would rather if and when possible buy direct from BMW albeit for literally a couple of quid more than see pantri have the nerve to charge as much as they do. I agree also with Dan that it's nothing short of piss-take prices IMHO, and I really wouldn't want to fuel that fire if I didn't necessarily have to........

Edited by boiliebasher

Oh and as regards to your question as to why their prices are so mental, I would imagine there are numpties out willing to pay those sorts of prices and so, somehow keep them in business. If people would to put 5 mins more effort and actually contact BMW directly for quotes on parts rather than be lazy and click the buy it now button, they probably wouldn't still be in business today.....

22 minutes ago, sharkfan said:

Very much as above - silly prices and even when you find a 'Make an Offer' item they will only offer a discount in pennies.

Best avoided.

Ring Tims instead.

I hare shitheads like that

Wanted to buy some gloss black grills off Ebay the other day; priced at £60

Offered £50, rejected, offered £55, rejected, offered £57.50, rejected

Messaged him and he said he can only offer a bit off

Why the fuck advertise it as Buy it Now or Best Offer then?

Absolute cuntybollcokstwattingcockwomble :x:lol: 

Luckily, I was only browsing eBay to see if there's anything I hadn't thought of for the E34!  I think Tim is back on Monday - secsays he's offline for a few days - I've sent him a list!!

I'm forever having to set a filter to disregard everything sold by them as they clutter most searches with tons of irrelevant junk. 

T'internet is a wonderful thing ... when it delivers!  Quick note of thanks to the contributors above.

I made no progress with either BMW or eBay trying to buy a fuel pump seal/gasket for my BMW 316ti.  Ended up ordering one from Pantri Trading.

Your comments above prompted me to go back and battle again with the BMW 'shop' website.  This (sixth) time of fighting my way through its processes actually gave me the opportunity to order the part from BMW - and, as you say, rather cheaper than from Pantri.

So I now have two on order, one from Pantri and one from BMW (BMW Park Lane, W8.)

Ironically, my family come from Fishguard and I can picture Pantri's published address on West Street.  If the one I've ordered from them doesn't turn up I'll have to wander around there and have a chat.

Cheers!