memyself

Carly or Software best for this... ?

Hello

I am a complete novice to coding, BMW fault finding software etc, could some of you guys with experience of this offer some guidance on the best option for my needs.

My PDC sensors are acting up ! and I need to find out which one is faulty, They are detecting an obstacle when there are none.  My car is a 2008 LCI 2.0d E61 M Sport Touring.

From a quick search of the forum it looks like there are two options (1) Carly (about £100)  (2) INPA sofware & cable. (£20-60, Ebay)

Which one would be best to detect and clear the PDC sensor faults ? Cost is a factor.

I've heard that Carly is good for the novice (me) whereas INPA can be a problem to install and use ?

Any guidance would be really appreciated - thanks. 

Hello

I am a complete novice to coding, BMW fault finding software etc, could some of you guys with experience of this offer some guidance on the best option for my needs.

My PDC sensors are acting up ! and I need to find out which one is faulty, They are detecting an obstacle when there are none.  My car is a 2008 LCI 2.0d E61 M Sport Touring.

From a quick search of the forum it looks like there are two options (1) Carly (about £100)  (2) INPA sofware & cable. (£20-60, Ebay)

Which one would be best to detect and clear the PDC sensor faults ? Cost is a factor.

I've heard that Carly is good for the novice (me) whereas INPA can be a problem to install and use ?

Any guidance would be really appreciated - thanks. 

If you get the package from CableShack it's an easy install and Jimmy is available to help with the install should you run into any issues.

It's about £40 and lets you access many more functions than Carly can.

Alternatively, post your location and see if a local forum member can help you out.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Thanks that's exactly what I wanted .

.I wasn't aware of cable shack, and there are so many listings on eBay that it was difficult to know who to buy from and who to trust.

Will definitely be buying from cable shack - thanks for taking the time to post and recommend.