HI all,

has anyone attempted to do the following??

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=700327

I really like the idea of this and by all accounts can be done, my car is a 2011 F10 (unsure if this makes mine LCI or pre LCI????) and what exactly does LCI mean??

Thanks in advance

Just the price at nearly £2000 new! Or with the right equipment you could go the 2nd hand route and clear the ODO mileage from the EEPROM. I'd also like to know the history of the donor car if this was me, very wary of stolen cars broken for parts that make their way to the Internet for sale.

Also, if anyone chooses this route to make sure that the cluster is from a donor car with less miles on the clock than yours otherwise the retrofitted cluster will update your car with the higher mileage. The highest common denominator is always used for mileage between the cluster and the DME module.

Personally I wouldn't bother, I like the look of the traditional dials, but then I have HUD so rarely look at the dials. 

My car has this fitted, personally I wouldn't bother, the sports display is just plain garish and makes the car look like you're playing GT6 on a Playstation, if you don't have HUD then OK it gives a little more room for the directions to be displayed but that's it, waste of time/money/gimmick in my books.

Thanks for the advice people, on balance im actually looking at doing the 6WA blackpanel cluster instead, you can find them quite cheap, £350 and by all accounts should be a fairly easy process to swap them over with minimal coding... I assume the same still holds true that the milage needs to be less than my current car? Has anyone done this upgrade??