avinalaugh

I drive dead

Took car out this morning and no Idrive dead black screen no radio, bongs nothing, fine yesterday.

O well suppose can't complain had her 5 years and trouble free.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You able to get any fault codes at all?

Check on the dials if the time is correct as I think that comes from the iDrive. Otherwise just take it out and have a look to see if its anything obvious.

Is yours the Mask, CCC or CIC?

Amp would only trip out the sound and possibly get a bunch of MOST errors, the black screen suggests a CCC issue. Out of interest, was the CCC factory fitted or retrofit as I know lots of people don't bother with the auxiliary fan cable when retrofitting which can cause the CCC to overheat.

There are lots of companies that can repair the CCCs from what I hear, never needed to use one myself though.

ccc professional with nav came standard. There are no errors, spare wheel well bone dry plus there's no modules there anyway.

Now screen sometimes will fade out and reboot , seems like power being interrupted, I'm wondering if maybe the capacitors are failing on the board?

There only cheap to replace might give that a bash. Failing that might be time to upgrade to Vic.

What is this sorcery?! 

Check for fault codes would be the first port of call, and any damp in the spare wheel well. 

Probably telling me time to upgrade

On 09/06/2017 at 3:44 PM, avinalaugh said:

Took car out this morning and no Idrive dead black screen no radio, bongs nothing, fine yesterday.

O well suppose can't complain had her 5 years and trouble free. 

You what?

Sounds like it's time for a CIC mate :)

How much is a CCC to CIC conversion and who does it? I'm getting the dreaded reset all the time now too

6 minutes ago, Tom Ballard said:

How much is a CCC to CIC conversion and who does it? I'm getting the dreaded reset all the time now too emoji25.png

Anywhere between £950 and £1300 mate, depends on if you want to fit it yourself or not and warranty for the work ect..

https://www.facebook.com/jay.bmwretrofitsuk

The chap above is well known for supplying and installing the kits. Drop him a message :)

Anywhere between £950 and £1300 mate, depends on if you want to fit it yourself or not and warranty for the work ect..

https://www.facebook.com/jay.bmwretrofitsuk

The chap above is well known for supplying and installing the kits. Drop him a message

Owtch, mine is a 2004 535d pushing 200k. Spending that amount doesn't seem sensible to me.

What's the procedure to getting my current CCC repaired?

3 hours ago, Tom Ballard said:

Owtch, mine is a 2004 535d pushing 200k. Spending that amount doesn't seem sensible to me.

What's the procedure to getting my current CCC repaired?

There's a guy on eBay I've used, he charges £250 to repair it and will update the bootloader to make it faster.

You post it to him and he will post it back but he was based within London so I just took it to him and refit it straight away.