TJL

2 Questions - your help needed F10 v G30

1.  Feel free to lambast me unmercilessly here, but where is the button to unlock all the doors when you are have stopped the car?  Say I'm driving along and stop to pick up passengers, I used to press the unlock button on my F10 and the doors unlock and everybody gets in.  There doesn't appear to be one in the G30.  I stop, everyone tries the door handles, knocks on the window and shouts 'unlock the doors' whilst pointing to the door lock indicator - I am scrambling about trying to find my key which is in my jacket pocket because i don't need it once I'm in the car.  Tell me I've just missed the button....

2. I used to love the fact you could set the F10 to be as hot as you wished but still had the ability to blow lovely cool air in your face - I'm thinking that has gone now but again, I'm happy to be wrong...

Tiny things, I know...thanks for your help in advance.

Tim

21 hours ago, TJL said:

1.  Feel free to lambast me unmercilessly here, but where is the button to unlock all the doors when you are have stopped the car?  Say I'm driving along and stop to pick up passengers, I used to press the unlock button on my F10 and the doors unlock and everybody gets in.  There doesn't appear to be one in the G30.  I stop, everyone tries the door handles, knocks on the window and shouts 'unlock the doors' whilst pointing to the door lock indicator - I am scrambling about trying to find my key which is in my jacket pocket because i don't need it once I'm in the car.  Tell me I've just missed the button....

2. I used to love the fact you could set the F10 to be as hot as you wished but still had the ability to blow lovely cool air in your face - I'm thinking that has gone now but again, I'm happy to be wrong...

Tiny things, I know...thanks for your help in advance.

Tim

Tim,

1. Unlock / lock button above the interior door handle.  Passenger side has one now too.  I kept pushing the active safety button on the dash as it was in the same position as the F10 and thought it kind of resembled a unlock / lock button - wrong!

2. Climate settings now in idrive.  For fast access press the Menu button located on the climate control panel.

Hows your MPG looking?  Are you charging yet?

Hi Everyone,

Thank you - I feel quite silly now, especially with the door unlock.  I appreciate you taking all taking the time.  I'll explore the climate control settings today - it was just so easy in the F10!!

MPG - I haven't charged at all yet, have done 1300 miles and have an average of 35.1MPG.  I guess I'm at the bottom end of MPG with long trips and high mileage.  You're probably at the top end MKLAD, if you only have a short commute and charge nightly.  If I charged, I'm sure I would get around 40MPG, which is what my F10 520d use to get.  I'm not complaining though, the tax saving makes it worthwhile.

Edited by TJL

Hi Tim,

I've covered 500 miles so far.  Mostly short urban journeys.  Charging wherever possible and I'm on 55mpg.  It goes up daily so I'm hoping for 70mpg which is what my dealer said is achievable.