Chagac

E39 M5 Market Activity

Hi All,

Has anyone noticed a significant drop off in the number of E39 M5's for sale? I always keep an eye on what's out there for sale, even though I've already got the one that I want, but I've noticed over the last 6-12 months there have been limited new cars hitting the market for sales. Could it be that people are keeping hold of these now the prices have started to appreciate at a fairly significant rate?

Thanks.

I would say yes, I've been looking for a second and there don't seen to be any good ones about at all. quite a few dealers chancing their arm with shitters.

2 hours ago, Chippy said:

I know a rather nice Supercharged one that will be up for sale very soon:D

No way your not selling up surely?

My Evolve tuned E39 M5 is currently still sleeping so I am driving my E46 M3 vert but even though I love the M3, its the M5 I always wanna jump back in. Cant see me ever selling it. 

IMG_5764.JPG

On 5/22/2017 at 9:55 PM, Mazi said:

Plenty in High Wycombe surely

What is it about High Wycombe? Seen mild piss takes about cars in/from HW before on this forum.

PS: I'm not from HW.

Dunno. But advertise an M5 and as long as you are not taking the piss with the price someone from High Wycombe will surely call for it.

On 10/07/2017 at 0:54 PM, Loadmaster said:

What is it about High Wycombe? Seen mild piss takes about cars in/from HW before on this forum.

PS: I'm not from HW.

There were at least two people buying and selling on E39 M5s and based in HW. Some buyers & potential buyers had very unhappy experiences dealing with these people. At least one HW seller posed as an established legit business whilst one (or more?) of the others sellers morphed into different identities once they'd been rumbled. Rule of thumb is that HW cars are probably worth avoiding. Remember Ben Thomas of Littleborough in Lancashire? Same deal with him - changes his business ID after shafting a few people. (Ben. If you're reading this, you do know there's no hiding place. Don't you?)