Sign in to follow this  
weber magic

What's this?

I'm sure is been asked a million times and I think I've even read up on it before but what is this?

A screwed to the bulk head above the engine on a late 87 m535i?

IMG_7857.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's interesting, my M535i has one of those fixed to the driver side inner wing, it has a bunch of wires attached to it that disappear in through the bulk head and behind the dash. Never discovered what it's purpose is for. Would also be good to know what it is.

John, my car had an aftermarket alarm fitted when I got the car and I ripped it all out as there was no fob to operate it.  Was not sure if this was part of it, could have been but was not entirely shore as I never did pursue what the wires went to as their pretty well buried behind the dash so left it.

Unlikely my car has no alarm fitted. I have seen them before in exactly the same place. I think it's automatic specific.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hmm, not sure about that one. Up until now mine is the only auto I have seen with this. Also yours is on the bulkhead and mine is on the drivers inner wing. If it was auto specific, wouldn't they have a standard fitment point?

I also did wonder if it was to do with the air con, mine has the aftermarket dealer fit unit, does yours have air con?