RyanBuck

New alloy wheels Bmw F11

Hi there guys hope you are ok, I need some help/info please.

I own a 2010/11 bmw 535d msport running on 350m 18" alloys with 245 rubber all round.

I am looking to upgrade to the alloys to 351m 19" but unsure weather to pick the wider tyres for the rear or still stick with the 245 all round.

I think the f10 M comes with 275 on the rear but the f11 M comes with 245 on the rear due to the air ride setup on the back.

Could you guys point me in the right direction please to if I should stick with 245 OR go with 275 if they fit and any pro/con.

I think I will also look to go NON run flat, any tyre recommendation.

Ryan

Go for Pirelli P Zero non runflat, I have them on my 21's and they are as comfortable as you'll get from tyres of that diameter, they are BMW star marked too.

i am not familiar with the F11 but if it's like my old E61 I used the same wheels as the saloon but fitted 15mm spacers to the rears to clear the suspension. This may be a option on the F11. 

Style 351 19" MSport wheels came as standard as a staggered set up on the F10, that is 8.5J rim front with 245/40 R19 tyre and 9J rim rear with 275/35 R19 tyres.

The F11 has 8.5J 351s front and rear, as you say for the slightly different suspension set up. So four 245/40 R19 tyres.

Someone may be able to confirm that 9J 351s will fit with spacers on the rear on a F11.

Tyre choice is a mindfield.  Do your own research albeit taking cognisance of comments on here, but all I will say is don't skimp on buying cheap tyres.  You have a decent car, the last thing you want to do is put rubbish tyres on it.

I put Michelin Primacy 3 tyres on my front 351s purely because it had Michelins on it when new, so I stuck with them.  If they are good enough for OEM they are good enough for me.

Defo non run flats!

I have GY Eagle 3s on mine but as 535iAR says, go for premium quality tyres and you won't go wrong.

I'm sure some of the non premium tyres are pretty good, after all many are sub brands of the big players, and the price differential isn't always that much, but I personally prefer to play it safe.

It looks like BMW offer a staggered set up for the F11, but only in 20" where the rears are 9j et44. This makes no sense to me as et44 brings the rim closer to the suspension, unless the larger diameter clears it?

Hi guys, thank you very Much for the reply.

Tyre - I have to admit on my e61 M5 I run mich super sport and they are fantastic but I was looking at the p-zero and eagle F1 tyre so I am on the right track.

Wheels - this is where I am still stuck, I am unsure if the 9j from a f10 will fit a f11. I mean there must be a reason BMW did this from factory or they would have stuck with the 9j?

I am also trying to see if I would see any gain or benfit from 245 to 275 on the rear although there is a lot of torque going to the back wheels etc.

Hi Ryanbuck,

I have a 520D F11 SE with the staggered 9J wide MSport F10 rear rims fitted (275/40/18 tyres), there are no spacers req'd and all offset clearance is just fine.

Not sure if the rear disks on your 535D would create a problem which I don't see ..

Peter.

2 hours ago, corripeter said:

Hi Ryanbuck,

I have a 520D F11 SE with the staggered 9J wide MSport F10 rear rims fitted (275/40/18 tyres), there are no spacers req'd and all offset clearance is just fine.

Not sure if the rear disks on your 535D would create a problem which I don't see ..

Peter.

Hi Peter, so you run the 9j on the back too with no issues ya.

It would seem you can fit 9j to a rear of a f11 then?

Yes Ryan, on my F11 520D there's no fitment issues with the rear 9J Rims, I cant recall the actual offset on my double spoke 18" 350M rims, but they look just  fine on the car, if anything they're tucked inside so quite discrete.
Since your Rear brake disks are slightly larger diameter, that's the only aspect which might need checking.

I went from 245 to 275 wide rear tyres and found I lost  a few MPG along the way...

Peter

Just dug the details out.....& here's what I have fitted:

Front Wheels: 8Jx18 ET30 (p/n BMW 36117842650) 
Rear Wheels: 9Jx18 ET44 (p/n BMW 36117842651)

Peter.

12 hours ago, corripeter said:

Just dug the details out.....& here's what I have fitted:

Front Wheels: 8Jx18 ET30 (p/n BMW 36117842650) 
Rear Wheels: 9Jx18 ET44 (p/n BMW 36117842651)

Peter.

The wheels I am looking at are:

Front Wheels: 8.5Jx19 ET33 (p/n BMW 36117842652) 
Rear Wheels: 9Jx19 ET44 (p/n BMW 36117842653)

So would the ET be ok on mine???

17 hours ago, corripeter said:

Ryan,

The Rear Offset is exactly the same as mine, at 44mm.

So other than brake caliper & disk clearance which should also be fine , they will fit your car..

Peter.

Brake caliper clearance won't be an issue, unless you plan to go smaller than 17" rims.

Its a rim diameter issue with calipers rather than offsets at the size of offsets we are talking about on the F10/11.

19 hours ago, 535iAR said:

^that will be quite a stretch on your tyres, is that needed to miss the arches with those widths? 

front's are 9.5 et28 and rear's are 10.5 et40 

Tyres are 245/35/20 and 275/30/20 

NO, not much although I will be going wider front and rear next time.

Thank you very much guys, I have placed the order and they will be with me tomorrow.

Should make the f11 look more sporty with out any fitment issues.

I will let you guys know with pics by the weekend 

3 hours ago, E39touring said:

If you want sporty then I would fit spacers to the rears, it will look much better. 

What size spacers are we talking?

Hi guys, well they arrived this morning and I can say they fit the F11 like a dream and look fantastic.

I made the choise of going Run Flat, I know some of you might roll your eyes.

I have brand new Prelli Zero 245 and 275 fitted and after doing 60 miles today I can say they are nice and quite, no harse ride in fact I think they ride better than NON run flat and offer tons of grip.

I have to admit the front sit fine but I see what we are saying about sticking the rears out a bit so I have ordered some high quality 15mm spacer rings with the correct bolts, they are the H & R with the hub ring built in, hope this will just kick the tyres out a touch.

A very happy boy.

Edited by RyanBuck