Azmontana

BMW E34 M5 S38B36 Restoration

4 hours ago, mumbojumbo said:

FYI a waterpump for a 3.6 M5 is ~ £500

True if you buy direct from BMW but you can get OEM parts for a fraction of the price. I just checked my parts by for the M5 and I bought a valeo pump for £165. Massive saving!

52 minutes ago, Azmontana said:

True if you buy direct from BMW but you can get OEM parts for a fraction of the price. I just checked my parts by for the M5 and I bought a valeo pump for £165. Massive saving!

How and where?

8 hours ago, Azmontana said:

If its been sat for a while it will need a refresh. But get it up to temp and look for any leaks. I had two leaks one from the radiator and one from the heater matrix which I only discovered when I'd replaced the radiator. Good luck depending if you are local to the Manchester area then happy to help more if needed.

To answer your other question unfortunately not I ended spending time rebuilding all the callipers and bearings on my H26. Anyone whose done wheel bearing replacements on these cars knows its a pig of a job.

For some reason I can't post on taptalk says I don't have permission to reply?

Good to know and see parts are still available then. What’s your plans for the car now? Would be good to see an update, hope you can get the car sorted and back on the road for summer time to enjoy it.