fellie

Triumph street triple R

Well as part of my resettlement package and leaving the RAF after 23 years in 2015, I took my full motorbike license. 

Had the Honda cbr600f as my first bike for a year, and the triumph 675 I've had almost a year now. 

Anyone else consider themself a biker? :D

FB_IMG_1430469270295.jpg

20160503_144916.jpg

yep!  Been riding a long time (34 years!) and have had Honda Fireblades since 1998.  On my 3rd one!  Love doing track days and going to race meets (went to 5 rounds of BSB last year).  Nice looking the Triumphs - never ridden a triplle although have been tempted.... Done quite a lot of riding in Europe too (South of France, South of Spain, Belgium, Germany, Luxembourg) and hopefully off again later this year :D I'd love a BMW 1000s if I had the funds....

A few pics:

th_DSCF1823.jpg

th_SDI_8128.jpg

Donington2.jpg

th_Blured.jpg

DSC_1478_edited-1_sml.jpg

Excellent !! 

Lots of travelling, very envious.

The triple is great, the inline 4 bored me within a month, the triple has power from very low down, love it. 

I'll be at donington on 22 mar, bsb practice day. Early May I'm doing a ' performance plus' course at cadwell park ; half classroom and half track and slow skills etc. Did it 2 years ago and found it useful. 

That Cadwell day sounds interesting - I did the Ron Haslam Race School back in 1999 but feel I could do with a refresher!  Do you do any track days?

My Blade has a power commander which has filled in a dip in the power in low revs (where emissions/noise are tested) so pulls very nicely right through the revs.

www.lincolnshire.gov.uk/lincolnshire-road-safety-partnership/motorcycling/performance-plus/120336.article

£99

I have a feeling if I start track says I'd never stop lol. 

And that's probably be same if and when I try a litre bike, there'll be no going back haha. 

LoL. I have been to Cadwell. It rained. Rained and rained. And we went home! I did do 2 laps and decided a snorkel was needed and gave up!! Just my unfortunate experience!! ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was a lovely day yesterday and got the bike out the garage.  Refitted the battery and fired her up, typical Honda it started straight off the button (I had the battery on a trickle charger to keep it topped up over winter but have to take the battery out the bike as there is no power in my garage).  I so wanted to go out for a blast but no tax and had other things to do!  

I missed this thread somehow, I too have been riding for just over 30 years and always had a bike except for a few years when I did the quad thing.

Here's my first speedy

IMG_9251.JPG

Wanted to get a S1000r but after two test rides decided I preferred the speedy so got a second one in R flavor, very impressed with the whole bike as a package. Could do with a tad more power but what wouldn't.....

IMG_0569.JPG

To answer the original question.. I used to be a biker in the days when i had a 120 mile round trip commute, I did that on all different bikes from XT600 tenere, GPZ900, GSX600, 1000 Vstrom, Hayabusa, some of these I rode in the snow.

Now I don't need to commute and after a 5 year lay off, I now have my BMW 1300R, which comes out when the weather forecast shows no possible chance of rain, almost as powerful as the Busa and also ugly in some eyes, it's 3 years old and has about 1500 miles on it.

I love the 955 exhaust note through loud cans, that 3 cylinder lump is amazing.

NOT ALLOWED ANY THING WITH 2 WHEELS, That's until she dies or I divorce her.... The wife just don't like any thing with 2 wheels...

I had several over the years, before I had my licence over in Germany I rode a CX500, then a Harley 850 hugger and took my test on a 500cc Can Am In Germany before being posted back to the UK, I then purchased a 750 fazer and eventually wrote that off, I then got posted to Cyprus in 1990 where I got a 1400 Intruder and had the RAF stick it on a pallet and it went back on a Herc to Brize, they were happy days.

On the Up, I am left alone when it comes to my cars,,,,,, she know better

I passed my test about 15 years ago just because a friend did. I started off on a ZZR600 but got offered a black ZX9 B4 quite cheap. Did a track day at Caldwell on that, great experience but the bike was too big and heavy and I was too inexperienced for any lap records to be broken lol. After that I had the original red and white R1 4xv I think they were called? A machine I still regret selling. Did a 4 day trip to the Nurburgring on that! Went back to 4 wheels for a while the had a C2 ZX9 then a 5JJ R1 which went bang! Sold it to a French man about 10 years ago and not had one since. I do occasionally catch myself looking at bikes on eBay but the expense of starting all over puts me off.............for now anyway..............

Another Triumph fan here.

I've never considered myself a biker, I just like bikes. I passed in '91, mainly for practical reasons - bikes are cheaper to run than cars. I spent the next 7 years with a bike as my sole form of transport.

Then I got fed up of frozen fingers and spilt diesel, and got a car. Later, I was able to afford both a car and a bike, and bought the one pictured.

Sadly, ill health meant I had to sell it although I don't miss it, as each year there are more and more self-absorbed idiots on the road.

Bike1.thumb.jpg.e2f446726fdecb39ea916be86aaf075e.jpg

Edited by grapefruit

Biker here too.

Always wanted to ride a bike, so in 2008 took my test and bought first bike,

Went out on a few rides with friends, then was introduced to trackdays, ever since that day I have been hooked.

If any of you guys feel like any TD's next year gimme a shout maybe we can all meet up :-)

I've had a few bikes and qualified as a bike mechanic. First year of college was spent commuting on an early 80's Brazilian CG125. I looked like a gorilla riding a tricycle, and managed about 52 down hill with a favourable wind.

motorrad-mit-exponierten-motor-honda-cg125-agbcfy.jpg.9793c3616a465ebd80deba96b34ebfeb.jpg

After that I got CBR600F, fantastic bike.

honda-cbr600f-1992-3.jpg.ecaf02576a0fe65df8220a48ac378ef7.jpg

I was working every evening and weekend in an off license to scrape through college, so that's as nice as the bikes got. :D 

I passed my test in 2014 as most my work colleagues rode motorbikes and then I bought myself a Yamaha Thundercat 1999 which I thought will be with me for a year but I still have her (she is on sale now). Planning to buy a BMW motorbike next year! :)

On 21/10/2017 at 10:42 PM, llcoolj said:

Biker here too.

Always wanted to ride a bike, so in 2008 took my test and bought first bike,

Went out on a few rides with friends, then was introduced to trackdays, ever since that day I have been hooked.

If any of you guys feel like any TD's next year gimme a shout maybe we can all meet up :-)

I'd be up for that :D

Showing my age just a little here I passed my full bike licence back in 1965 and I've always had a piece of British big iron in the garage since then.

Edited by Boba