1 hour ago, Egd said:

What I meant, was soldering new copper sockets, at least on the camera which is more reachable than the cable side.

I seriously doubt you'll find the soclet as attached to the camera. I've had the old camera apart and it is all sealed and attached to the PCB.

On the other hand I am skeptical about the high speed data cable, i mean, those are not 4K cams...although the distance between the camera and TRSCV is pretty high.

You don't need to be skeptical - those ARE HSD cables. https://www.rosenberger.com/product/rosenberger-hsd/

I'll give it a try before replacing the whole thing if this happens to me...I just received my enet cable, ISTA installed, all my cameras are working fine, but I have a warning with those sideview cams...erasing default don't work, learning process don't work...Don't know what to do more so far...

You still get this issue - The cameras still work yet the TRSVC module is identifying an increased resistance on the HSD connection to the camera in the bumper. Been there had exactly the same experience and eventually the camera died due to the cable corrosion I mentioned. 

Edited by Matthew Ashton

1 hour ago, Matthew Ashton said:

I seriously doubt you'll find the soclet as attached to the camera. I've had the old camera apart and it is all sealed and attached to the PCB.

You don't need to be skeptical - those ARE HSD cables. https://www.rosenberger.com/product/rosenberger-hsd/

You still get this issue - The cameras still work yet the TRSVC module is identifying an increased resistance on the HSD connection to the camera in the bumper. Been there had exactly the same experience and eventually the camera died due to the cable corrosion I mentioned. 

I assumed this one was soldered on the camera but I didn't opened mine for the moment. Wanted to test with ISTA and don't touch physically to not inscrease faulty connexion, because it's working for the moment...

Good intel for the cable! I must admit...:DB) seems you really dig the issue!

Exactly same symptoms!? resistance is mesurable with ISTA? my 5 cameras consumption are constant 80-88mA ...

Greg_snap-6100-14.03.2021..19h49.jpg

Greg_snap-6101-14.03.2021..19h51.jpg

Greg_snap-6103-14.03.2021..19h59.jpg

Greg_snap-6112-14.03.2021..20h14.jpg

Edited by Egd

Milanko, your bumper camera left seems to be green...You have at least an identifiable issue ... Did you test your car with ISTA?

19 minutes ago, Egd said:

Milanko, your bumper camera left seems to be green...You have at least an identifiable issue ... Did you test your car with ISTA?

Yes , I checked and my problem comes from right side. I have the same voltage (80mv). In that photo looks green because outside was a little bit darck (in the evening) and maybe this is the reason why looks like that.

IMG_20201125_075458.jpg

IMG_20201125_075458.jpg

I finally took a moment to take a look at my left bumper side view camera...and no physical damage noticeable with eye inspection...Sprayed a ton of contact cleaner but obviously nothing changed...Still get correct and stable camera current consumption, same error persistant. Fault code impossible to erase.

Procedure of calculate plan with ISTA recommands to check electric lines of cameras with a test kit...The issue is well known and documented on ISTA (water ingress and left bumper camera first touch because it is the longuest line)

Another procedure recommends to disconnect all lines from the TRSVC module but i haven't found it in the trunk...Can anybody tell me where it is located on an F32?

Also, when I try to make the teach-in process, my camera returns a quick message "camera not connected" on a loop...

IMG_8673.JPG

Thankyou Matthew for this great thread.

I know this threads start date is a fair few years ago now but it’s still relevant to me today as I need exactly what you have done to yours :-(

Only thing is,is my local BMW Dealer is saying there is no repair loom for my M5 and I need a complete wiring harness for £363.

I showed them the part number from your pics and they said it’s not for my car
Has anyone managed to get a repair loom for their F10 M5 

Any info would be great fully received 

Tia

Stu 

Since joining 30 mins ago and writing this message I can now see another 5 pages of this thread so please excuse me while I catch up on what I haven’t been able to see or read till now :-/

Edited by M5STU

30 minutes ago, M5STU said:

Thankyou Matthew for this great thread.

I know this threads start date is a fair few years ago now but it’s still relevant to me today as I need exactly what you have done to yours :-(

Only thing is,is my local BMW Dealer is saying there is no repair loom for my M5 and I need a complete wiring harness for £363.

I showed them the part number from your pics and they said it’s not for my car
Has anyone managed to get a repair loom for their F10 M5 

Any info would be great fully received 

Tia

Stu 

Since joining 30 mins ago and writing this message I can now see another 5 pages of this thread so please excuse me while I catch up on what I haven’t been able to see or read till now :-/

Hi and welcome to the forum.

Yes, the part number for mine was specific to the F11 and included left and right hand cables (I was fixing the left hand cable only), I subsequently sold the right hand cable and successfully installed it in a forum member's F10 on the left hand side.

Sure, the cable was a little long due to the extra routing on the right (if it were to have been installed there) but, all you do is swap the plastic connector casing over (you have to remove it anyway for the installation) and it will work.

Edited by Matthew Ashton

I just new it was going to be my issue as when I stared my research every forum thread came back to this thread ;-)

2 out of 4 ain’t bad but it’s not good either :-/

found a supposedly gen bmw camera and harness on the bay of fleas 

loom £145 camera £140 

Edited by M5STU
Posted too early

Morning all.

Just a query when you ran the wiring loom from the camera to the module which connecter did you take off thus allowing a smaller hole to be made in the bulkhead grommet ??

Just test fitted my new N/S camera and loom to find N/S is all good but O/S camera is cloudy Doh !!!

another camera req ;-/

935296C2-C1EE-4E02-B94B-EEFE7318B3D9.jpeg

21 minutes ago, M5STU said:

Morning all.

Just a query when you ran the wiring loom from the camera to the module which connecter did you take off thus allowing a smaller hole to be made in the bulkhead grommet ??

Just test fitted my new N/S camera and loom to find N/S is all good but O/S camera is cloudy Doh !!!

another camera req ;-/

The plastic connector unclips from the end of the cable. It's a bit tricky but you remove a plastic clip and the connector slides off.

Note: you are removing the connector from the end that connects to the TRSVC module and NOT the one that connects to the camera.

Edited by Matthew Ashton

Morning all,

Just a few picks from yesterday’s side camera and wiring install.

If it helps others to have a go 8-)

(insert thumbs up)

A3175AAB-D3CC-4A28-BA45-020348C9EB0B.jpeg

Didn’t remove the motor completely as I didn’t want to loose the teeth positioning so just slackened it enough to remove the multiplug 

FEEE93BA-49DC-4DC7-9012-1E95BC15398B.jpeg