Ejancys

What alloy wheels and tyre you use on F11? For look and comfort?

Just wonering what alloy wheels and tyres you guys use on your F11 or F10.

Mainly interested in aestheticall look and of course comfort and etc.

If possibly you can post some pictures that will be nice. 

Thinking about getting dark grey or black wheels instead, any suggestions, thanks

IMG_7197.jpg

Agree.... I run Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 3 tyres. Quiets, smooth, awesome in the dry and progressive in the damp/greasy.

Run the same alloys as yourself.

c919d91a84821d94dbf98bd9823ffa6b.jpg

I run 18" summers with none run flat Michellin Primacy 3 - so much better than the run flats that came off 

My summers are the same as your first picture. 19" 351 shod at the front with rft Michelins Primacy and rears shot with cheap nasty non rft Nexen XL which are cracking at 2 years old. These were the tyres on it when I bought it AUC. I need two new fronts before the summers go back on.

Winters are 17" style 327 which I really don't like the look of much on my wagon but are quite compliant on my local authority's ploughed fields (roads) and would love to swap for a set of 18" 613s purely for looks.

On 23 December 2016 at 1:57 AM, kjb1 said:

leave as is, thats a nice looking tourer!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks, will leave for now because can't find anything what really like. :huh:

Any suggestions on good tyres? 

PS. GoodYear is way too noisy 

Thanks, will leave for now because can't find anything what really like. :huh:

Any suggestions on good tyres? 

PS. GoodYear is way too noisy 

The GY Asymmetric 3s are near silent.

I can't stand aftermarket wheels on F10/F11s, F01s or F30s. There just is no need.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Well I'm not sure....

6c46cef72d249be72efc75422b49d9d6.jpg

5ace513e4e6a0b83ac40cff362209f59.jpg

Don't get me wrong those cars above look OK, but some BMWs look perfect on factory wheels.

For example, an E60 Sport on 19" Spiders. Why would anyone want to change those wheels? Best alloy wheel design to come out of Munich.

Don't get me wrong those cars above look OK, but some BMWs look perfect on factory wheels.

For example, an E60 Sport on 19" Spiders. Why would anyone want to change those wheels? Best alloy wheel design to come out of Munich.

Spiders were nice face on by you didn't get the real concave aspect of the MV style ones I had on my E61.....

Style 128 every time for me, not aftermarket so look like they should.  Mine are from an E65 7 series in 21" with non run flat P Zero, not the quietist though.  I also had the same wheels on my E61 in 19", they replaced the original style 172 spyders 

On 24/12/2016 at 7:27 PM, Lennox said:

The GY Asymmetric 3s are near silent.

Are the Asymmetric 3s available for 19" staggered fitment? How are they for comfort? I have sport suspension and looking for something more comfortable than the OE RFT tyres :(

I know its a bit late, haven't been able to get on for a while,,, BUT I have to do this...

My F11 535 with JUDD T311R 20" 9.5 & 10.5 with 245/35 & 265/30 tyres, A very comfortable ride even on 20's. And I haven't been tempted to lower it ,,,,, Well Not Yet any way.

IMG_7818.PNGIMG_7879.PNG

17" Pirelli CInturatto P7 RFT (summer)
17" Dunlop Wintersport 3D RFT (winter)

Edited by DarkEnergy

I had 19s on my E61 with run flats and had punctures. The F11 with 19s with run flats and I get punctures. I have swapped the rears to non run flats and when the fronts need replacing the run flats will go completely. I wish the F11 as an ex demonstrator had come with 18s.

The last puncture I had on the way back I was chatting to the tow truck driver and he mentioned that almost all BMWs he'd had to recover with something simple like a puncture, had 19s, 20s or 21s. I carry a space saver that I have trouble fitting in the car with a small trolley jack. I wouldn't be without it. Or the tyre plugger...

On 26 December 2016 at 7:12 AM, Piper said:

I had the wheels in your profile picture on my E61, which replaced the 172 spyders.  I now have then in 21" on my GT. 

One thing to bear in mind is availability.  After some stupid mare pulled out in front of me in November I skidded, hit her and went up onto the pavement, wrecking my near side alloy.  Because it was a BMW alloy, even though it did not come with the car, the body shop was able to source it from BMW in Germany.  I suspect this would not be so easy with aftermarket wheels?

Thanks sshooie, I took quite a while playing around with config etc. I have specced it up very highly. It also has a complete front end 3M Ventureshield clear wrap and consequently is in 100% unmarked inside and out condition. 

that really does look great nashdm2. I've got the same as the op. Same colour too, I hate aftermarket wheels, they all look crap. 

I'd love a set of these for summer and retire my 19"s for the winter wheels, the run flats are horrid and noisy, thank god Ive got adaptive drive.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/111322217073?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I think these are one the best looking alloys bmw do.