Evening all, 

So i've got a few niggles with the car (530d sport touring) every so often something goes wrong. 

The latest things to go wrong are the front and rear PDC light just flashes, but no *beep* when i start reversing nor when i get close to immovable objects, I then have to eyeball the distance. Next is this evening, when i parked near my house, to get something from the local corner shop, i got back in the car, started it, and out of nowhere the hazard lights start flashing, button is fine, not stuck or anything, still on even when i turn the car off and take the keys out. I drove it home, and parked on my drive, as im searching for an answer from the almighty google, the hazards suddenly turn themselves off. 

Google said it could be the fuse or relay. 

Anybody got any bright ideas about either problem?

Cheers

Deepan

PDC will. e one or more sensors down, get car started, press pdc button to enable manual start of parking sensors, then get out and put your ear to each sensor, if healthy you will hear a tick tick sound, if bad, no tick tick sound!! go round them all, find out which ones are bad then order off ebay etc.

Hazards are a new one on me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The hazard flashers on my 530d touring did this once too. Pressing the hazard button had no affect either with the ignition on or off.  The only way I managed to stop the flashing was to disconnect the battery. After reconnection, all was normal. It certainly did freak me out a bit at the time.

This has never happened again since.

The hazard flashers on my 530d touring did this once too. Pressing the hazard button had no affect either with the ignition on or off.  The only way I managed to stop the flashing was to disconnect the battery. After reconnection, all was normal. It certainly did freak me out a bit at the time.

This has never happened again since.

Yup, I searched before I started the new topic and came across yours. Although, I didn't disconnect the battery at all, it just stopped all by itself. Very weird. I'm removing my head unit on the weekend, so I'm going to check the fuses and give them a visual check. May even see about replacing the relay and fuse just as a precaution.

http://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/showthread.php?326839-My-Emergency-signal-just-keep-blinking-even-it-s-off-what-should-I-do

Cheers

Deepan

No problem. I guess our cars are just getting old and occasionally do wired stuff.

I hope it’s the one and only time it happens to your car too.

Lester

Could be a voltage issue.

Sometimes a faulty ignition switch can cause the cars electrics to do weird stuff.

A used one is only around a tenner and it is pretty simple to replace.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

@KJB, I've seen a few on eBay, is this the right part number?

66216902181?

I might just swap out all four on the rear, do I need to take out the rear bumper or can I just pull them out while in situ and replace them?

I've gone round the back of the car this morning (26/01/17) and i can hear a faint clicking on all 4 of the rear sensors, i need to check the front ones, but if they're all OK, what else could be the problem do you think? 

I've also acquired some power wing mirrors, does anyone know if the existing covers would fit or if I need to get new ones as they're a different colour (blue) to my car(silver)?

Finally, I have an issue with the drivers door lock not locking when the keyfob button is pressed. It used to go down, but wouldn't go up, now it does neither. I had my mechanic replace the actuator but that seems to have made it worse.

Should I get a new actuator or does it need a new locking mechanism?

Thanks everyone.

Deepan

Edited by NuckingFuts
update

Ok, so I've ordered a set of PDC sensors, and i'm going to have the power mirror covers resprayed. 

I've also ordered a lock mechanism and actuator, so i can fix that problem while i fit the mirrors too. @V8Warrior you wouldn't by chance have a How-To video on fitting new mirror units would you? ;)

Next item on the agenda for me to look at is the wheels. I have the Parallels, a staggered set, but above 60mph they judder. i've had the balancing checked the same day i bought the car, and they're fine in that respect, However, one of the guys there said that inside the centre bore of the front wheels, there should be a ridge to help it to fit snugly on to the axle of the car. That seems to have been removed from my wheels. Another suggestion was that someone may have fitted E60 hubs to the car, so that they can fit a wider range of wheels, due to the niche nature of the bore size on the E39. 

Anyone have any suggestions on what i can do, or any telltale signs that might tell me where the problem lies?

I've got a pair of eBay's finest plastic spigot rings to go on, but does anyone have any recommendations for a wheel refurb place, that can do it in a day? as i don't have a spare set to use while they're away.

Muchos Gracias

Deepan.