d_a_n1979

*** The Grand Tour ***

I watched the second one last night.................didn't enjoy it at all :( 

I'm one of the worlds largest Clarkson fans and loved old Top Gear so I'm massively disappointed. 

The old Top Gear was a serious motoring show that became funny with time as it developed but with this and the new Top Gear they're trying too hard to be funny from the off and it all feels very awkward. 

Shame :(

52 minutes ago, Nomis said:

I watched the second one last night.................didn't enjoy it at all :( 

I'm one of the worlds largest Clarkson fans and loved old Top Gear so I'm massively disappointed. 

The old Top Gear was a serious motoring show that became funny with time as it developed but with this and the new Top Gear they're trying too hard to be funny from the off and it all feels very awkward. 

Shame :(

Nomis I couldn't agree more, this is all thoo theatical to me now! 

I just watched yesterday a 1st one and in most moment was sitting there and thinking what a Hell is happening and why?! Most humor I did not get!

Shame! :(

Watched the 2nd one whilst feeding the baby on the niddle of the night and luckily the wife was next door with the 2 year old as I guffawed my way through the episode.

Now reading the comments above if you have not seen this slightly bizarre but excellent movie you really would have thought they had lost the plot.

So in summary loved it, yes few cars in it but highly entertaining and you can see they loved making it. James repeated shooting of Hammond and the queen really does bring a different aspect to his character. Loved it.

I enjoyed the first one. The second one, not so much. It got repetitive and boring.

I preferred them in Top Gear on balance. I liked the format of the old show. For the budget they now have at their disposal, this isn't good enough.

Watched episode 2 this evening, i can only assume its going to be moving away from an all out car show, and is becoming more of a 'lads' tv program?

Presume you can watch all 4 episodes if you have prime? Thinking after the series has aired I'll sign up for the trial and see if I like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FFS... You lot used to bitch about how bad Top Gear was when they were in it.... Then how bad Chris Evans was now you are unhappy about GT...

Some folk are never happy.

On 21/11/2016 at 6:49 PM, Lennox said:

Guys you all drive BMWs you must be able to afford the Prime fee??

I'm actually better off with Prime.....I've cancelled my TV licence.:ph34r:

Episode 1: Okay

Episode 2: Crap

Episode 3: Good

Episode 4: Good

1) I'm guessing they are not allowed to have interviews with celebrities seeing as they always "die"...or do they know it was the worst part of Top Gear so chose not to do it. Whether it's a good thing or not, i'm not sure. It's funny at first but becomes boring when you know they won't make it to the studio. But they are being creative about it.

2) The News aka Conversation Street is a clever thought out name for "The News". I also noticed in the black and white start scene, that last week Jeremy Clarkson was wearing high heels, and this week, Richard Hammond had a giant hand :lol: I don't know if every week is different.

3) Love the setting up of the tent in different locations and it feels more "warm/cosy" than the enormous studio/plane hanger of Top Gear. 

All in all, if I was Jeremy and Co, and Amazon Prime owner, I'd be happy how things have turned out. If I was the boss at BBC, I'd be annoyed :lol: Yes, Amazon had a huge budget, but the personality and the chemistry of the 3 presenters bring something to the table that the current Top Gear team can't. I know the 3 had years to build and perfect the chemistry, but that is just what the BBC will have to live with. Everyone knows this, and May and Hammond knew this too. That's why they left with Clarkson (good move on their behalf). 

Just like top gear I watch the car review and then fast forward through the rest. I don't find any of them funny really, Clarkson & May can review a car fairly well but that's about it. I'm not sure what the purpose of Richard Hammond is. 

I'm not as keen on Clarkson as I was.  I'm not sure if he's changed or my outlook has changed, but either way, on the whole, I'd rather read him than watch him.  Hammond doesn't put me up nor down really.  I could definitely watch a car show led by May, with a few other things thrown in for entertainment.  Team him up with a couple of younger more lively presenters, and you could have a very good show.  It's turning the formula on its head a bit, but I think it would work well.

I thought the Grand Tour would blow us all away, with the budget they had and the three experienced presenters - but it hasn't - at least I don't think so.  There was an opportunity to really do something new, and they didn't take it.  I think that for me, the combo has sort of come to the end of the road.  I'm finding myself looking at other things now.  I'll probably continue with Amazon Prime, as I have saved what I paid for it in free next day deliveries, so in that respect, TGT will be a freebie I can take or leave.

I find myself REALLY looking forward to new episodes of stuff like Wheeler Dealers.  I'd love to see a new car based magazine type show somewhere.

I am finding this thread refreshing, I am really struggling to "get" the new show. It feels like they are trying too hard to be funny, and its not working for me.

I ended up on facebook during the 2nd show and the 3rd i finally watched yesterday was painful too

Some of real car stuff is ok ,but the latest episode with the mud car etc was just utter shite to me its just old top gear on a different channel .Keep the real car stuff it would be great just drop the silly challenges 

I enjoyed the latest episode (5th) more than the other ones. Definitely improving each week. As I stated in my last post, the silhouette for Conversation Street is different each week and this week there was a bird flapping near James May's head while it was standing on his hand. Also, another nice little touch is that every week, the introduction is different and they use shots from their host location.

Enjoyed:

1) The black and white driving scene with the Alfa and Jeremy Clarkson. 

2) The whole scale scene (which brings me to another point below).

3) The Atlas Cooperation location was interesting.

4) Battleship game between May and Hammond (exploding G-Wisses).

5) When Hammond played with the blow-up dolls while Clarkson was speaking to the camera.

Meh:

1) The comparison with the MX5 and Xenos. It's like they got sidetracked and forgot about it lol

Observations:

1) From above, The MX5 had a bit of damage done to it from the scale scene and racing around the Atlas location. My question is, Do they scrap the new car afterwards? Or do they fix it and give it back to the dealership? lol

2) Is May acting younger? Because the team was in The Netherlands, they made Amsterdam jokes (weed/munchies, prostitutes, red light districts). May was the one having the munchies (normally that type of role would go to Hammond) and in the MX5 vs Xenos, he was in the Xenos. You'd expect him to be in something comfy and a bit slower lol.

If you didn't enjoy the three of them when it was top gear there is little point watching it now... Me I loved it. 

Still liking this new series a lot, just struggling with the new track layout and the American, I would rather have someone serious like Chris Harris or another Stig like person, i.e. silent, just driving the car. The American just annoys me and i can say that being married to one