Jay_w

Project Lexus LS460 - SOLD

1 hour ago, andy_ran said:

The wheels I have that I had on my CL looked quite similar

Yeah i thought you did, How you getting on with your Range Rover?

Not a big fun of big Lexuses but this one is gorgeous! Beautiful car! Well done!

Any allows suit this car!

4 hours ago, Jay_w said:

Yeah i thought you did, How you getting on with your Range Rover?

Love the RR - Does everything i want it for perfectly. its not by any shape a drivers car, but for what i do 90% of the time is exceptional 

21 hours ago, AnilS said:

:wub:

Hi Anil,

Long time no speak , How is everything?

What car/s you driving now?

Well seeing as the weather has been nicer today (26/02/20) i thought i'd give the Lexus a much need wash & go take some pictures of it before i put it up for sale.
Its being a great faultless car but seeing as i'm mainly using when doing short journeys its just not getting the type of use it deserves which in my opinion is cruising up and down the motorway or crossing continents in utter comfort which is what it was made for, I'm sure i'm going to miss it once its gone.

49588382706_6ea5a48636_k.jpg 
49588626992_d4e1d33978_k.jpg
49587890873_1c763d4898_k.jpg
49587890738_2237b6bbba_k.jpg 

Edited by Jay_w

Don't sell it! You will regret it shortly! The car looks lovely, it always did! :)

I am thinking to change mine (this is how i spend my spare time - Autotrader, pathetic may be?), may be go back to BMW 5 series, would love to own G30 530d but can't justify paying so much more as I do for Lexus, big plus that Lexus GS does everything I need the car to do, I guess this is just man nature - get something else! :)

Yeah sure that will be the case but as i said above its just not getting the use it deserves.Both the Lexus's i've owned have been nothing but great experiences.

@Vlady - Personally i think that with the way things are going with the whole ULEZ thing i wouldn't go from a Hybrid to a Diesel as i feel that would be a backward step in my opinion. G30 530e might be the better option to go for if you want back into a BMW.
How you getting on with your GS450H by the way?

16 minutes ago, Jay_w said:

Yeah sure that will be the case but as i said above its just not getting the use it deserves.Both the Lexus's i've owned have been nothing but great experiences.

@Vlady - Personally i think that with the way things are going with the whole ULEZ thing i wouldn't go from a Hybrid to a Diesel as i feel that would be a backward step in my opinion. G30 530e might be the better option to go for if you want back into a BMW.
How you getting on with your GS450H by the way?

These are exactly my thoughts - it will feel like going backwards if I choose diesel again, 530e overpraised I think and I want 6-cylinder engine so may be one day I will buy 540i x-drive but with my 20k miles per year it will be expensive to run, oh well Vlad, stick to the Lexus it is an amazing car - that I keep telling myself. Knowing me even if I buy BMW, I will want something else in another 1.5-2 years.

@Jay_w I like GS, I get an average 36-37mpg and about 400-440 miles per tank, not too bad considering performance and comfort and I actually like the shape of it and the size is just perfect. I have had it for about 1.5 years and so far nothing serious happend (fingers cross it won't), next months I am planning to do a Major service that includes spark plugs and diff oil on top of oil change. So, no issues, it is just a man thing - wanting a new toy, i probably end up buyong a newer motorbike may be not, my wife will kill me as we just moved into a new house 6 weeks ago! :)

Forgot to add, the rarity of GSs on the roads, I like that too! :)

Well the Lexus has now been SOLD (20/03/20) - Going to miss it but onwards & upwards.