Sign in to follow this  
Thaonguyenvn

CIC coding with Carly failed, need some help please

Hi everyone 

a few day ago I using Carly's app on iphone to code my f11 but it's failed to do so. I have message in app say it couldn't write data on ecu. After trying 2 times with no luck, idrive reboot and I lost a few menu which includes sat-nav, telephone, connected drive, etc. There 4 left which are CD/Multimedia, radio, vehicle information, setting. However, in these menus I also lost so menu choices.

I have tried restore but no luck, the app can't do anything. I also have been contacted with Carly but not really helpful.

I really need sat-nav back on coz I can't go anywhere without it.

Has anyone suffered it before and could give me some help?

if I use other coding tools from laptop, can I either restore it or reset it to factory settings?

thanks

I'm surprised Carly support aren't more helpful. They were a bit iffy when I wasn't using their own adapter but have responded well since I bought the genuine one. Are you using Carly's adapter or a generic one? If both adapter and software are genuine Carly items I'd be leaning on support a bit harder.

But yes, as kjb1 says, disconnect battery for a while. Good luck.

Sent from my Vodafone Smart ultra 6 using Tapatalk

There is a reason they use their own dongle, and they give you numerous warnings to use their adapter, so I can understand why they don't want yo get involved.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I use wifi adapter gen2 and Carly app on iphone. Both are genuine. I gonna go to airport next Tue and Thurs so I really need sat-nav back on. A bit rush for me.

If I disconnect battery do I need either register it again or enter radio code( or whatever it is)? I saw a kind of code in paper when I bought the car but I don't remember where I throw it away.

Edited by Thaonguyenvn

Sounds to me like you should seek professional advice. You may need BMW to re-flash your car's modules to the original settings to restore the options and with only limited time, it'll be your quickest option too.

hardware will be fine, just have a software update whilst you are at it, will be £120 but they will update whole car to latest firmware for all modules etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Carly have released a lot of F series coding recently. It really surprises me that you've not had better support. They're going to want to know if their code is causing the sort of problems you've had. Maybe give them some more feedback once you're sorted?

Good luck tomorrow.

Just collected my car from garage and they flash ECU to factory settings. It's quite simple for them I guess. Now my car back to normal. 

As I tried to restore PDC, KOMBI, etc in Carly's app successfully, only CIC failed so I get nothing wrong with app or adapter. As CIC coding has just released not long ago so I guess Carly has to work harder on it. 

I chose to start coding with Carly coz I thought it's not as complicated as the others, also get support better. But now I think I go the other way. Members from forum are more kindly and supportive.

Anyway, I have another question, I have just received enet cable and e-sys 3.26.1 and Psdzdata 3.58 Full yesterday, if I have this problem again, do I have enough tools or I need something else to sort it out? You know, it cost me £144.00 but also took me a few days that I couldn't sleep well

Thanks

Glad you're back on the road!

Don't give up on Carly. I'm not saying it's faultless, as any software can throw a wobbly. The app generates log files and if you forward them to Carly support it may enable them to see what went wrong. This could help you and others who use the app in future.

Just a thought!

14 hours ago, Thaonguyenvn said:

Just collected my car from garage and they flash ECU to factory settings. It's quite simple for them I guess. Now my car back to normal. 

As I tried to restore PDC, KOMBI, etc in Carly's app successfully, only CIC failed so I get nothing wrong with app or adapter. As CIC coding has just released not long ago so I guess Carly has to work harder on it. 

I chose to start coding with Carly coz I thought it's not as complicated as the others, also get support better. But now I think I go the other way. Members from forum are more kindly and supportive.

Anyway, I have another question, I have just received enet cable and e-sys 3.26.1 and Psdzdata 3.58 Full yesterday, if I have this problem again, do I have enough tools or I need something else to sort it out? You know, it cost me £144.00 but also took me a few days that I couldn't sleep well

Thanks

With the enet cable and the software you've listed you have everything you need to re-flash modules yourself if there are issues. BUT, it is a brave person who uses the software for anything other than switching features on and off.