Mikey540

E60 pre lci angel eyes - can you go white?

19 hours ago, RubysDaddy said:

Im getting confused. 

When pre-lci gets mentioned but people are showing links for adverts which specify LCI (2007 onwards)

Are the angle bulbs not specific fit between the two?

The LCI  car uses a later style bulb  classed as an H8 - which is why they can be much brighter   , most of the discrepancies appear to be caused by the  seller not knowing the exact style of bulb required .

Im having some coding done to my car on Saturday and on the phone the guy doing the coding told me something I had no idea of.

Apparently the angles are only coded from the factory to run at 75%, a couple of taps on the laptop and they will run at 100% so combine this with some decent LED's and the results should be as close to an LCI as you can get without changing the whole light units

15 minutes ago, RubysDaddy said:

Im having some coding done to my car on Saturday and on the phone the guy doing the coding told me something I had no idea of.

Apparently the angles are only coded from the factory to run at 75%, a couple of taps on the laptop and they will run at 100% so combine this with some decent LED's and the results should be as close to an LCI as you can get without changing the whole light units

Sadly if you are thinking you can achieve this you are going to be a bit disappointed   -   

I have coded mine for this ( I think the difference is negligible if any)   , also coded AEs as day running lights with 20W per side leds - it is way better but does not compare to the later models.- the actual design of the Halo and Led fundamentally limits it  :(