Mikey540

E60 pre lci angel eyes - can you go white?

Hey Hows it going? I have 2008 520d M-Sport LCI

Would either of these 2 below work on the car??

10W CREE BMW E60 LCI 2007- (HALOGEN HEADLAMPS) ANGEL EYES LED SIDE MARKER

24W XML CREE LED BMW E60 LCI 2007- (HALOGEN HEADLAMPS) ANGEL EYE SIDE MARKERS

I did take a pic of my headlights and the sticker mentioned H1oW

Thanks

Nashy

DSC_0082.JPG

DSC_0081.JPG

Edited by Nashy
Details + uploaded images

34 minutes ago, Mikey540 said:

I fitted the same ones that happy days has saintetienne but they rubbed on the cable sheath inside the headlight :-(

I had they same problem with the first set I bought , the body part of the holder caught as you describe ( is this something peculiar to Xenon adaptives ?)

then I stumbled on the ones fitted now and they fit great , albeit not quite as bright as I would like.

1 hour ago, Mikey540 said:

I fitted the same ones that happy days has saintetienne but they rubbed on the cable sheath inside the headlight :-(

55 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Mine went in fine and over a year with no problems.

Just remove the headlight then push the wires back for a better fit.

Thanks guys, do you by any chance have pics with the kit on, day time and night time shots? 

I've got the normal H7 5000k HID kit on the way from Hid-Direct so if this 24w Cree Angel kit is good then ill order these too.

On Wednesday, October 26, 2016 at 11:03 PM, HappyDays said:

Mine went in fine and over a year with no problems.

Just remove the headlight then push the wires back for a better fit.

Its hard to explain mate its not so much the wires but theres like a black 10mm sheath runs along bottom inside of headlight. Possibly the Optic cable? It cant be moved. 

If i can find a set with a smaller rear of the body or tapered i would be happy. 

On Wednesday, October 26, 2016 at 11:30 PM, saintetienne said:

I had they same problem with the first set I bought , the body part of the holder caught as you describe ( is this something peculiar to Xenon adaptives ?)

then I stumbled on the ones fitted now and they fit great , albeit not quite as bright as I would like.

What ones are you using now saintetienne? Any links please? Are you pre lci adaptive xenon also? 

11 hours ago, Mikey540 said:

What ones are you using now saintetienne? Any links please? Are you pre lci adaptive xenon also? 

Mikey ,

Yes I  have same as you ,  I will see if I can find the link and post it later  .

Also I didn't know if anyone on here has succeeded with a higher wattage ba9s bulb in original holder  ?

cheers

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/10W-ANGEL-EYES-WHITE-LED-HALO-RING-LIGHT-BULBS-For-BMW-E39-E53-E60-E63-E64-E65-/151988335205?hash=item236335f265:g:MmoAAOSwB4NW09pv

The place I used is not selling anymore - these are basically the same , guy I bought from said they were 10W per unit but I always take these claims with a big spoonful of salt , so I am guessing these are mine , look great at night and anytime when not in bright sunlight

I am considering giving something like these a go :

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/40W-XENON-WHITE-LED-ANGEL-EYES-BMW-5-SERIES-E60-E61-LCI-FACELIFT-CREE-XML-BULBS-/121828986526?fits=Plat_Gen%3AE60&hash=item1c5d92ce9e:g:BOkAAOSwnH1WXVrk

they look like the will clear the large lead that is fixed to the inside of the unit.

On Saturday, October 29, 2016 at 10:50 AM, saintetienne said:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/10W-ANGEL-EYES-WHITE-LED-HALO-RING-LIGHT-BULBS-For-BMW-E39-E53-E60-E63-E64-E65-/151988335205?hash=item236335f265:g:MmoAAOSwB4NW09pv

The place I used is not selling anymore - these are basically the same , guy I bought from said they were 10W per unit but I always take these claims with a big spoonful of salt , so I am guessing these are mine , look great at night and anytime when not in bright sunlight

I am considering giving something like these a go :

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/40W-XENON-WHITE-LED-ANGEL-EYES-BMW-5-SERIES-E60-E61-LCI-FACELIFT-CREE-XML-BULBS-/121828986526?fits=Plat_Gen%3AE60&hash=item1c5d92ce9e:g:BOkAAOSwnH1WXVrk

they look like the will clear the large lead that is fixed to the inside of the unit.

The bottom ones don't fit.

Look on the first page at my post with the picture comparing them to the standard bulbs.

4 hours ago, twiglett said:

The bottom ones don't fit.

Look on the first page at my post with the picture comparing them to the standard bulbs.

Cheers ,Yes  I see -  and it is the alloy section in front of the LED that holds it off ?

what did you end up with ?

Might have to try something like these  :

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/T4W-233-BA9S-CREE-LED-SIDELIGHT-INTERIOR-CAN-BUS-OBC-ERROR-FREE-bulbs-A-/252291493973?hash=item3abdbeb055:g:iHIAAOSwG-1WxZ51

Edited by saintetienne
more info

They should fit fine  , only thing I can see against them is the Led is situated quite a distance from the end of the unit , which means it will be further away from the corona ring - so any gain in wattage might be lost due to this , interesting though .... 

I've just bought some of the 24W ones as one of my mtec v3 is flashing.

As bright as the mtec v3, but not quiet as white tbh.

Still, not bright by LCI standards as mine is a Pre-LCI so I have to live with poor Angel Eyes :(

41 minutes ago, Wabby said:

I've just bought some of the 24W ones as one of my mtec v3 is flashing.

As bright as the mtec v3, but not quiet as white tbh.

Still, not bright by LCI standards as mine is a Pre-LCI so I have to live with poor Angel Eyes :(

Share a picture then ... in daylight !

cheers

On ‎02‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 7:33 PM, Wabby said:

Drivers side is 24w. Passenger is mtec v3. 

IMG_3794.JPG

IMG_3793.JPG

They look  good   :)   Which  set did you decide to run with ?

I have installed a 20W Set yesterday and after installing LM2 a few weeks ago I have linked the eyebrow to the Halo for the  daytime driving lights .

Will try and post a picture later - weather permitting !  

Edited by saintetienne
additional info

Im getting confused. 

When pre-lci gets mentioned but people are showing links for adverts which specify LCI (2007 onwards)

Are the angle bulbs not specific fit between the two?