Jon Payne

Coding in Kent/Medway

Hi guys I would like some bits coding onto my car if it's possible.

welcome lights would be nice I believe I have the right module as my car is a 2007 but pre lci so very late version.

would also like audible tone when locking unlocking etc.

can anyone help?

I need some coding done to my 2004 e61 for iPod connection and MP3 activation of the cd player. I've physically installed dension gateway bt500 but need coding. Is there anyone in Kent or around Ashford.

45 minutes ago, Jon Payne said:

Hi guys I would like some bits coding onto my car if it's possible.

welcome lights would be nice I believe I have the right module as my car is a 2007 but pre lci so very late version.

would also like audible tone when locking unlocking etc.

can anyone help?

I have a very late Pre LCI E60 that I tried to code welcome lights for into the LM2, but I could never get it to work.

Its been about 18 months / 2 years since I dabbled in any coding though.

24 minutes ago, IanW said:

I have a very late Pre LCI E60 that I tried to code welcome lights for into the LM2, but I could never get it to work.

Its been about 18 months / 2 years since I dabbled in any coding though.

Man that sucks.

i love the welcome lights on my sisters lci.

i was considering buying the cable and having a go but to be fair I would only really want welcome lights.

nothjng else bothers me too much and figure someone might like a beer to do it for me.

cable is £40 and once done would never be used again lol

Edited by Jon Payne

Just now, Jon Payne said:

Man that sucks.

i love the welcome lights on my sisters lci.

i was considering buying the cable and having a go but to be fair I would only really want welcome lights.

nothjng else bothers me too much and figure someone might like a beer to do it for me.

cable is £40 and once done would never be used again lol

I thought that about the cable too, but i have used it for diagnostics also! And just sorting one issue, paid for the cable! Which was only about £25 I think from @jimmy http://www.cable-shack.co.uk/products.php

5 minutes ago, Jon Payne said:

Where abouts in Kent are you Ian?

Just outside of Ashford

3 hours ago, IanW said:

3 hours ago, IanW said:

I thought that about the cable too, but i have used it for diagnostics also! And just sorting one issue, paid for the cable! Which was only about £25 I think from @jimmy http://www.cable-shack.co.uk/products.php

Cool thanks mate I might purchase that and have a go.

soninjust need ncs expert and I am away?

i have seen tutorials online and it looks like it's just very important to back up the fsw_psw.trc file?

did you manage to successfully complete any there coding?

Edited by Jon Payne

NCS Expert is part of the software that comes with the cable, or at least certainly was when I bought it.

I managed to code a few things without any issues, like the chirp on lock / unlock, making the heated seat settings come on the iDrive screen when pressed to allow quick / easy adjustment

From what I can tell Ian you have to activate welcome lights inside the lm2 as well as inside the mask or cappl, whichever one you have, to get it going.

look here http://ncs-expert.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/BMW_E6x_Code_List.xlsx

if you decide to,give it a bash let me know how it pans out and I come to you have a coffee and you can do mine ;)

defo has a few other features in there I wouldn't mind as well.

like the us spec indicators glowing low wattage when lights are on.

heated seats in idrive

Edited by Jon Payne

48 minutes ago, Jon Payne said:

From what I can tell Ian you have to activate welcome lights inside the lm2 as well as inside the mask or cappl, whichever one you have, to get it going.

look here http://ncs-expert.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/BMW_E6x_Code_List.xlsx

if you decide to,give it a bash let me know how it pans out and I come to you have a coffee and you can do mine ;)

defo has a few other features in there I wouldn't mind as well.

like the us spec indicators glowing low wattage when lights are on.

heated seats in idrive

I did it in both CAPPL and LM2.

I dont have any use for NCS for coding regularly now since I have an F10, if i get the laptop out at some point in the next couple of weeks i'll see what I can remember and let you both know.