Hi guys,

Sorry if I don't explain this too well, but I'll try and clarify where I can.

I recently purchased some new LED bulbs for my high beam H7s (wanted to move from halogens). They are the CREE LED bulbs with a heat sink/fan at the end (you can probably see loads on eBay). An example of a similar bulb below;

5718bbedb7eac_71-cAMTKhL._SL1500_1.thumb

The problem is, I can't use the H7 metal bracket to clip the bulb in place. This is because these new bulbs have a huge fixed heat sink/fan at the end so I can't attach the metal clip from behind.

The black H7 fitting ring unclips and slides out through the front for "easy fitting" but I can't slide the metal bracket from the front as the bulbs are thicker than what the bracket allows (see below)

20160419_204835_001.thumb.jpg.7e0f67743920160419_204845.thumb.jpg.26d22fa6b1f42c

It seems as though even if I manage to get both back on the bulb, the fitting ring wont have the room to "clip" back on the bulb which won't fix my problem of a loose fit?

Any advice? Anyone had experience fitting these bulbs and how they went about it? I've returned the set I bought as one bulb was faulty so before purchasing a new set, I thought I'd see if anyone has any input on the fitting?

Thanks!

Edited by AJ-E60
Add tags

2 minutes ago, mattjk said:

I tried some of these, they aren't much good

HID FTW.

For high beams? I didn't see how effective HIDs would be for a quick "thank you" flash considering they have to warm up..

19 hours ago, mattjk said:

Sorry i didn't read the post properly just looked at pictures and thought, tried them they are crap lol.

What did you find wrong with them? Not far reaching?