Kris_KR52JAW

E39 face-lift headlight adjust?

Right my headlight adjusters arnt working iv seen on the net that it's a common problem that the plastic inside breaks. My question is iv found replacement parts on ebay but my main question is how hard is it to split the lense from the main headlight to actually do the job. Is it just the snap clips that hold it or are they glued as well?

Many thanks in advance

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

as per video , depends on the age of the light unit  i think the last couple of years production may be a bit more, had light units that wont come apart  and the only way is the

via the bulb scockets and after removeing the motor unit of the leveler  i done mine via the rear in a couple of hours 1st one and 30-40 mins 2nd one  as i got the hang of it by then  :D  there is somebody on ebay i think that does an exchange service if you dont fancy it yourself 

Well this is it i wouldn't mind someone else doing it cause I've not got good patients lol I see a person in West Bromwich will do it for 40 not sure if it's both or each light but I live in Kent so bit far to travel lol

My mate is willing to give it ago who has far more patients then me but oveously if I could find somebody down kent who I could pay a bit to do it who knows what they doing I'd much rather do that lol

You can buy new lenses/covers these days so even if you have 'unbakeable' lights you can cut out the old lenses and replace them after if you don't fancy the 'keyhole sugery' method (or if you're like me and try the keyhole surgery method only to find it isn't just your adjusters that are broken! grrrr!).

Big thanks to Steve for doing my headlight adjusters top man saved me so much money and time

Also as I have aftermarket hids in the car and the adapter holders I bought didn't fit correct so he also adapted my main beam bulb holders to hold my dipped beam hid bulbs in correctly

Many many thanks can't thank you enough hopefully when it gets dark il be able to see infront of me rather then 10 feet infront haha