ty550n

USB Audio on my f10

Right I have just spent almost 1500 on my car to sort the timing belt which means I will be keeping it for the next 10 years!!!

I just need help with something and I would appreciate all the help I can get.

My car is a 2010 build. 520d f10 with business navigation i.e the small screen one and not the wide screen display.

I have no USB on my glove box, just  a 3.5 mm audio in.

Anyone know how I can rig it to read music files from a flash drive. 

I dont even mind a crude one. Maybe something like an adaptor that can connect to the box or whatever it is in the (combox?) 

I just want to be able to read music files from a flash drive.

At the minute I'm having to burn MP3 files to a CD and it works ok. Its able to read from folders etc

Can anyone please help 

Do you have the USB in the glove box? I have the widescreen version and I have the glove box USB which is used to populate the onboard hard disk with music

If no USB / Hard Disk then it maybe a case of an ipod connected via an adapter connected to the CD Changer

Check this out

http://www.carcommunications.co.uk/car-accessories/ipod-car-kits/bmw_1083/5-series-f10-2010-

Edited by Charlis535d

Hi Charlis535d

I have a usb in the glove box and I have tried putting music into this, no luck. Maybe because Mine isnt the widescreen one.

I clicked on the link but there's a variety of items there. Which one should I be looking for?

Will I have steering wheel control still?

I'm not sure which ones best for you, depends on the car spec and what you want to achieve, for example do you want to store the music in the car or just stream it or just have the ability to connect your phone and stream your phone's music through the car?

Probably your best bet would be to speak to your local ICE dealer or if your in the UK carcommunications.co.uk

There are a few companies online that seem very good and I'm sure they will give you some pre-sales assistance so you can evaluate your options.

Sorry I cannot help more

The USB in the glove box is to update the sat nav only it will not read music on a USB pen drive.

If you don't have a usb in the centre arm rest then there are not many options for you Denison 500.http://www.dension.com/products/car-multimedia-solutions/gateway-500  You can have Pro nav fitted and USB then coded to your car around £1k but is it really worth it just to listen to a few music files.

8 hours ago, n0chex said:

The USB in the glove box is to update the sat nav only it will not read music on a USB pen drive.

If you don't have a usb in the centre arm rest then there are not many options for you Denison 500.http://www.dension.com/products/car-multimedia-solutions/gateway-500  You can have Pro nav fitted and USB then coded to your car around £1k but is it really worth it just to listen to a few music files.

Thanks very much N0chex. Looks the the dension unit is my option.

Thanks alot