Sign in to follow this  
dan101smith

And so it begins...

I have a mate that used to work at jaguar developing new engines in there range. He raved about Emerald ECU's. They seem cheaper, mind you looking at these omex's they seem very well spec'd! You doing your own map or getting a garage to do it? 

Edited by WickRatson

On 15/03/2016 at 9:01 AM, dan101smith said:

If you need ideas of where to put your ropey old 528i loom, I've got a few :P

I'll shove it down the side of your garage where i dump my other junk :)

22 minutes ago, WickRatson said:

I have a mate that used to work at jaguar developing new engines in there range. He raved about Emerald ECU's. They seem cheaper, mind you looking at these omex's they seem very well spec'd! You doing your own map or getting a garage to do it? 

The mapping is being done by Northampton Motorsport. I don't have my own dyno, you see ;)

Tis wise dan! What figures are you expecting? 

Absolutly dunc. He also said his job interview was that he was given a engine block and given a day to loom it and get it running with his own map. Thats pretty impressive like! 

You have ITB's anyway so no flow advantage for your engine i wouldn't suppose which might be a reason to go for a triumvirate of webers on an M30.

Ha ha, twas said that one could take a Rover vehicle into the Rover factory in Cardiff years since on a Sunday morn and pick it up on the eve fully rebuilt - in fact a brand new vehicle.

Not a lot of people know this. 

21 minutes ago, duncan-uk said:

You have ITB's anyway so no flow advantage for your engine i wouldn't suppose which might be a reason to go for a triumvirate of webers on an M30.

You also have to ask yourself whether you'd rather connect a lead to a coil at one end and a plug at the other and then forget it, or spend every weekend for the rest of your life adjusting floats and jets.

3 off SU and a coil plus points in the distributor and fuel pump as well,  absolutely a once a year job then fine - been like that for past fifteen years.

3 off webers is grim, usually no choke mechanism and cold starts a lottery re will it go, will it flood and even can flame through the inlet.

just my experience but my xk engine remains the first line.