Hey guys

I have a 2011 525d and I want to change my headlights to LCI model lights. Currents lights are with indicators and and are adaptive lights if that help. 

Will the LCI lights fit my car? And is it plug and play or will I need to buy something else with them? 

image.jpeg

I would advise you not to - you will lose your LED indicators for a start (These are only available on the upgraded LED lights on the LCI) and 99% of LCI cars do not have Adaptive Headlights. It will be tricky to find an LCI set of lights with Adaptive.

The LCI lights are a downgrade over the ones you currently have - the only retrofit that would make sense is the LED lights but this is going to be enormously expensive I would imagine.

Hope this helps!

Edited by Mike530i

So with LCI, Xenon became standard, but not with adaptive? What an odd decision (and to lose the LED indicators).
I think ALL of the pre-LCI cars with Xenon lights (option 522) I've looked at have also had Adaptive lights added (option 524).

Edited by gbshahaq
punctuation!

Yes - that is correct. Think of it like this, BMW offer a standard lighting option with no LED indicators and an upgraded lighting option with LED indicators.

Pre LCI the upgraded option was Xenons, with Halogens as standard.
Post LCI, the upgraded option was LED, with Xenons as standard.

You are correct in your observation about the pre LCI cars mostly having Adaptive Headlights - it was cost effective to spec the Visibility Package which included these if you wanted Xenons, so most people did. Contrast with this with now, where most people see you get Xenons as standard and don't spec any extra lighting options.

Yip, exactly what Mike530i said, people just see xenon on the spec and are happy which is a shame as the old adaptive xenons were superb. I got a hire car when my aircon condenser was getting done with standard xenons and really missed the adaptive units of the car I had at the time. I have LED now and they are brilliant, and their reach on a motorway is awesome but on tight country roads I sometimes think the coverage is annoyingly narrow compared to my old adaptive xenons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have to agree that adaptive xenons are brilliant, I had them on my previous car (E61lci) and I really miss them on my current car which has standard xenons.  As said above, once xenons became the standard most people did not specify adaptive.