sepia

RIP Donut

Awful news. RIP Darren. Condolences to his family and friends.

As others have said, we may not have met him but he was liked, respected and known to us all.

I have already posted on this but the more I read throughout day the more you think about how precious life really is and how much of a loss a friend, colleague, aquaintance or loved one is  …here is a young man who has lost his life on an innocent drive due to an accident , any death is tragic but to know of someone who is full of life then gone must be a massive shock to those close, I really feel for them , yes you read about deaths everyday but it’s been said before today , only 22 hours ago he had posted on the forum  , he was answering questions about the new forum software etc, he was the backbone of the forum , and then gone in an instant, even if you hadn’t actually met him you just felt a bit closer than other deaths ..so so sad and hopefully whatever is out there for him in the next life he is OK .  ..perhaps deep but as Calypso said earlier today last night’s events defiantly make you think about your own life and those around you . Take care all and RIP Donut .

Edited by The Flying Banana

Wow!! Seriously horrific news!! Only had fleeting interaction with the chap through this forum but what I did experience was a true selfless gent. He did go out in style but WAY before his time! RIP Donut!!

Any words will appear trite after all that has been said already but I wanted to record my own sadness at the news and put a note on here as a mark of respect.  Dreadful news, and my thoughts go to his loved ones.

I'm not normally one who's lost for words, but reading the news about Darren has stunned me.

Such a sad time for his family, friends and the forum. Thoughts with his loved ones at having to come to teams with this unbearable event :(

56 minutes ago, The Flying Banana said:

I have already posted on this but the more I read throughout day...

I have been holding back about posting again, but I just would like to say condolences to his family and friends.

Once his family has come to terms with the sad lost of Darren, I will also like to donate to a charity in his name on behalf of the forum.

Edited by nealpina

I'm just an occasional lurker here but swapped a couple of pm with him.

What a shock and so so sad.

Thoughts are totally with his family who I can't even imagine how they are feeling.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, urquattro said:

At the appropriate time we may agree that the forum send some floral tribute and contribute to the family chosen charity.

what do you think, re later action?

+1 to the above.

RIP dude prayers and thoughts to family and friends :(

dear all, please can I just say a huge thank you to you all behalf of my painfully missed brother Donut, me and my family. Your kind words and obvious affection for him is one of the very few light moment in what has been a catastrophically shitty 36 hours. Special thanks to Duncan and Sandip for their time talking with me this morning about Darren and the future of his beloved forum.

I will keep the two of them posted on funeral dates to share as appropriate, and would invite any of you who personally knew my brother to attend.

kindest regards, Stu (Lildonut).

Stu, Its the very least we can do in such tragic circumstances.

Our heart felt condolences go out to you and your family.

As a forum we will do our best to keep up his good work and remember him by this excellent community as best we can but have big boots to fill.

If there is a charity you have in mind i know many of us here would wish to donate in his memory.

RIP Donut :(