Firas1000

M50 525 i sport

Finally got her back from the bodyshop today!! All rust sorted!! Now gonna refurb the interior lotus white leather:)

What do you guys think of the smoked rear lights? Shall I switch to the clear ones or keep these on?

91e08f42dd4bd251f2c44979622eddd6.jpgc6eee765fe61ef2eafc5dd3ad4ea5901.jpg0e0692cddce7f47f9133cf418358389b.jpg

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Sure it was done at Autocar Centre in Acton London.....fantastic job and very professional....they know their BMWs well! Reasonable price too.

Actually I would love to do the silver bottom....What's the factory colour code for this?

....they still need to repaint the side skirts....so could do it when it's in again....they ordered some parts but didn't arrive so I just took the car back whilst waiting for them :)

1 hour ago, Firas1000 said:

Sure it was done at Autocar Centre in Acton London.....fantastic job and very professional....they know their BMWs well! Reasonable price too.

Actually I would love to do the silver bottom....What's the factory colour code for this?

....they still need to repaint the side skirts....so could do it when it's in again....they ordered some parts but didn't arrive so I just took the car back whilst waiting for them :)

Had a look at the colours of my 3.8, got written in book Granite silver 237 re cills and front/rear lower spoiler trim.

have a check but fairly sure my notes are correct.

hth

16 hours ago, luton e34 man said:

Now that is lovely smoked rears imo I had the clears  and I now have the smoked ones much prefer them. Any current interior pics mate ? 

These are all 'before' pictures of the interior.....on Monday the leather Guy is coming to reconnolise the seats and tidy it all up.........I will post the updated interior pictures.

I'm also gonna be sending off the wood surrounding the gear stick for refurbishment too.....it's the birds eye maple wood which  I believe is quite rare so wanna restore that too.....I also managed to source a birds eye maple mtech gearknob on ebay:)

20160211_145136.jpg

20160211_145139.jpg

IMG-20160122-WA0004.jpg

that drivers seat will come up a treat no doubt no holes in it or too bad creases? The creases are often the in the seat dye not the leather itself 

V.hard to keep nice you'll be wanting a seat cover tbh. Thats what i do on my champagne trim  

Yeh quite excited to see the result.....will post as soon as I have pics tomorrow

It was good to catch up mate nice to see the old girl is good hands. Will send those pictures from the magazine shoot over to you when I get a chance.

All my old 5s are currently within this forum small world

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeh very good job....it took around 4 hours and he sanded down the seats and filled some of the cracks and reconnolised the leather in Lotus white and then coated it with a matt finish. Much cheaper than a retrim and keeps the original leather too....I feel like I'm sat in a new car...even the smell is great:)

Hi mate, I sold you the m parras, glad to see the cars coming along great! And I see you decided to join the forum.

Them parras look awesome! What a transformation form the body shop pics you Sent me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 1 March 2016 at 0:35 AM, Firas1000 said:

Yeh very good job....it took around 4 hours and he sanded down the seats and filled some of the cracks and reconnolised the leather in Lotus white and then coated it with a matt finish. Much cheaper than a retrim and keeps the original leather too....I feel like I'm sat in a new car...even the smell is great:)

Care to share who did the seats? What sort of dosh and we talking about?