Sign in to follow this  
Han Yan Yoong

BMW IDrive Display showing NO SIGNAL after updating latest software via USB

Hello Everyone,

My name is Han and I just bought a 3 year old November 2012 registered 520d F11 with professional SAT NAV about a week ago.

The car is in great condition and drives fine with 90k on the clock.

So I went on to the BMW website to download the lateast software for the Software update with BMW ConnectedDrive - other compatible devices. 

Then I copied the software into a USB drive and started updating the idrive on the car via USB.

The installation went on fine and then a message appeared and said to let the display and engine turn off by itself. Therefore I waited for it to shut off and then I tried starting the car again and the display on the car showed "NO SIGNAL"

Has anyone here experienced the same issue as I do ? If yes, I would really appreciate any input or ideas about this. 

Thank you very much.

Can you post any pics? do you mean a blank screen or the words 'no signal' are being displayed?

Do you have voice control if so what happens if you use that?

You may need to disconnect the battery and see if that resets anything

Hi there,  thanks a lot for your reply.  I have sorted it out.  I brought it to BMW workshop and they found out that the idrive unit stopped working after I updated it.  BMW was contacted and they apprently said a new head unit needs to be changed. They then said they are going to offer me the head unit replacement for free as a goodwill gesture.  However I still have to foot almost £300 of labour fees for the job.