very low mileage, shame it been left so long (bit like weed patch M5 of mine) so the work content versus economical value enters the room.

shame if it broken despite the owner's sincerity and remarks.

Looks like it could be a nice little project. The rust may not be bad if it's just the areas the seller notes.

Wonder if it lives on the coast, going by the static caravan?

It might not be a coastal caravan site  :razz: It will also have the factory LSD ... It's a none TC model  :razz:

Edited by Carl-e34

I'm not a fan of green cars however this combo really works on this e34 IMO. Nice old cruiser if it's as good as it looks in the pics.

C.

Thanks very much!

A long way to go though... I haven't even tried starting it up yet nor been underneath it. But the visible rust is absolutely negligible...a tiny bit around the rear licence plate lights and a tiny bit by the left-hand/back edge of the filler flap.

I've just spent the last week gathering lots of parts...it's already added up to a hefty sum!

On 20/02/2016 at 6:00 PM, derin100 said:

Well....we'll see in due course! ;)

( p.s  I sold my other E34 540i 2 weeks ago:  http://www.bmwclassics.co.uk/1995_E34_540i_Saloon/ )

I thought you were retiring from all of this?

I must admit, when I saw it I was tempted.

On ‎02‎/‎03‎/‎2016 at 6:47 PM, Sir Anthony Regents-Park said:

Looks a lovely thing.

Shame the buyer, like so many halfwits, thinks speaking US English is okay.

I beg your pardon?

An update...

My mechanic got the car started up yesterday. It needed a new battery and a new fuel pump but then fired up straightaway and ran perfectly even on the 4 year old fuel left in the tank!

I've been round there this morning and heard it running myself. Whilst there will be a lot of work to do and I've already bought a huge number of parts (with more still to source/buy) there was another bonus. I was dreading and indeed almost half expecting the A/C not to be working with all that can then entail. However, it works! :)

A couple of the things that I still need to buy are:

1) Fuel pipes -  parts 16121182134  and  16121182418  (on realoem). I'm guessing through my BMW dealer only unless someone else has other suggestions?

2) Diff seals - parts 33121213949  and 33121205138  and two of 33107510289

Also on the hunt for four of the jacking pad rubbers. Can't figure out the part on realoem but maybe I can pick them up second-hand on Ebay.

Edited by derin100

On ‎02‎/‎03‎/‎2016 at 6:47 PM, Sir Anthony Regents-Park said:

Looks a lovely thing.

Shame the buyer, like so many halfwits, thinks speaking US English is okay.

??

2 hours ago, derin100 said:

An update...

My mechanic got the car started up yesterday. It needed a new battery and a new fuel pump but then fired up straightaway and ran perfectly even on the 4 year old fuel left in the tank!

I've been round there this morning and heard it running myself. Whilst there will be a lot of work to do and I've already bought a huge number of parts (with more still to source/buy) there was another bonus. I was dreading and indeed almost half expecting the A/C not to be working with all that can then entail. However, it works! :)

A couple of the things that I still need to buy are:

1) Fuel pipes -  parts 16121182134  and  16121182418  (on realoem). I'm guessing through my BMW dealer only unless someone else has other suggestions?

2) Diff seals - parts 33121213949  and 33121205138  and two of 33107510289

Also on the hunt for four of the jacking pad rubbers. Can't figure out the part on realoem but maybe I can pick them up second-hand on Ebay.

Yes. Unlike the brake pipes come straight, the fuel pipes are (or were) pre formed. The rear axle has to come down slightly. As the prop has to be disconnected to replace the pinion seal, it's no biggie.

I didn't know E34's had jacking pads as the jack locates directly onto the sill.

Edited by Sir Anthony Regents-Park