bmwmike

Petrol engines

Looking at recent posts most engine problems seem to concern diesels but I guess that's because there are far more diesel engines out there.

Have all the e60 n53 owners given up posting about problems or are the previous problems more or less fixed these days ?

Thanks

On Autotrader, there are 4111 diesel 5 series that are less than 10years old for sale (so that includes F10s). And only 156 petrol cars for sale!!!!!! 

So its not surprising you see more posts from diesel owners :) 

I'll probably try not to buy a diesel next time round, but not due to any reliability issues, more so because it feels like the tax man is regretting his decision to tax cars based on CO2 and now wants to claw his money back from diesel owners.. 

On Autotrader, there are 4111 diesel 5 series that are less than 10years old for sale (so that includes F10s). And only 156 petrol cars for sale!!!!!! 

Sadly!!

Owned my E60 N53 since 2012, not a single problem to date.

Mind you mines been enhanced / recalled for all the latest injectors, coils etc which seemed to have done the trick.

I had an e60 540i sport, never had a moment's bother with it but lots of fun. It also could manage 32 mpg and petrol is cheap now.

Duffy, ive seen your 540i elsewhere. Really nice example.

I very nearly bought an e60 540i LCI in silver but it was too far away and my f10 530i came up locally so I got that. I want a v8 one day, before I go electric haha.

Ive driven e60 525i 3.0 N53  from 2012 - 2015 doing 74 k miles. Most serious issue was with HPFP which I've had to replace on 90k miles along with low pressure fuel sensor just before sold. Good efficiency , good performance and reliability .

Now got my f10 272hp N53 again.

F10 530i such as rare model, I've never come across one on the road. I've seen a few F10 535i, mainly diesels out there though not my cup of tea.

I was actually looking for a e60 530i msport and the f10 popped up locally. Every e60 530i msport i wanted to look at seemed to get snapped up before i got to it. I prefer the e60 look I think it's aged very well, though very happy with my f10 now I have it.

Edited to make sense.

Edited by bmwmike

I purposely sourced a 530i when looking for my e61. I believe only 25% of e60/61s were Petrol. 

Missed the first one which was relatively local due to a holiday so had to travel from near Gatwick to Burnley in lancs for mine. While it's had it's fair share of issues, I'm glad I bought a petrol. 

I was on rush to sell my e60 525i N53 to get f10 530i from BMW Manchester. In the end I've had to take e60 there from Southampton for part exchange.

It was shame . Car was in immaculate condition end of 2008 , 91k miles could have been sold to someone for quite low price. Obviously on part exchange you'll never get the honest price .

Just heard that someone from Bournemouth bought this e60. And I guess had to pay more than I was going to sell for.