Henry

New E39 535i 65k full service history, 1 owner from New!

Any tips of things to get done on the 535i would be really helpful, my last E39 was a 530d and basics were checking flaps removed, egr delete and oil breather upgrade, any basic things like that for the 535i would be appreciated!

Edited by Henry

V8s are normally solid and don't suffer lots of issues, chain guides is about their weakest point but they generally start to fail at much higher milage circa 150k

Kool, this ones not been serviced for 3 years cos it's barely been driven so getting a full service asap! Off tot he garage today to get a price!

Plenty of items go brittle with age so bare that in mind. Cooling system may still need an overhaul if it hasn't been done.

I bought a 535 with similar mileage a few years back. The plastic under the top hose into the radiator practically disintergrated on the drive home due to age. :)

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Nice, I'm basically going to get coolant swapped out, brake fluid, and standard full service. I'm pritty sure it's been garaged all its life cos the sill damage is over 3 years old and it's barely rusted!

Pics on the way, bare in mind I asked for the car not to be cleaned at all because my bodywork guy who's repairing the sill was stressing not to use silicone based products on the car until he has repaired and painted so I'm not cleaning it till then (painful cos it's begging for a good deep clean!!) And the dark spots on the boot lid are dirt not rust! Although spotted a tiny bit starting so going to try jump on that now before it gets worse!

Already fitted LED license plate units and ordered boot and glove box LED units, drivers rear door Kick damaged, bit of bubbling on gloss shadow trim but duno if it's worth repairing cos probably won't match the rest??? Rust in the petrol cap bit and rubber bit snapped, can't wait to get my old car back so I can get spares etc, little bits missing like the rubber luggage things in the boot floor. I think the car will polish up like New.

I couldn't resist, given under the bonnet and boot a decent clean (not hardcore but decent) fairly sure it's the first time in a VERY long time! She's cleaned up well, looking forward to giving the whole car a propper deep clean!

Both front and rear windscreen seals are looking fooked, might have to look into getting them renewed? Does anyone know if auto glass can remove and replace the same windscreen cos the glass is good and original?post-54148-14536372685009_thumb.jpgpost-54148-14536372722244_thumb.jpg

Edited by Henry

I'd be budgeting around £300-400 and swapping the cooling system out... It'd be Sod's law that it goes whilst you're half way to somewhere!

New rad, pipes, expansion tank, water pump and stat