The Flying Banana

Evans, Harris and Sabine as new TG Hosts

Sabine and Harris at least can drive properly, Evans yaps too much for me, still will wait and see how it goes for a couple of episodes.

We shall see, ultimately it depends on the script writers and producers.

Never been a fan of Chris Evans, and I'm not sure why.

Same reason as me probably, he shagged Billy Piper and I never...

We've got Amazon prime mainly for clarkson, Hammond and may. I will give 'top gear' a go but I have my doubts. I think Evans will grate on my too much like he does on the radio.

Same reason as me probably, he shagged Billy Piper and I never...

Christ that was a while back, when she was still attractive. Was it worth blowing his custard in there I wonder? As he bought her a 550 Maranello if I recall.

I'm looking forward to it as well, but not expecting it to be the TG we all knew and loved and I think this is what a lot of people are expecting!

I've got Amazon Prime also, so best of both worlds, I hope!

TGI Friday is a show for him and his kid's, up there with the Jeremy Kyle show as aweful TV.

Who is Harris?

Tims, on 24 Dec 2015 - 08:31 AM, said:

TGI Friday is a show for him and his kid's, up there with the Jeremy Kyle show as aweful TV.

Who is Harris?

Agree re anything Evans gets involved in on Radio or TV is too much for most people around 50 and sane. :mrgreen:

Get on U Tube and look for Chris Harris re Classic Car Races, anything with four wheels get thrashed as he is everything a driver that Clarkson wasn't.

Thanks for  E34 bits Tim and happy xmas and good trading in 2016.

Never heard of him, plus it would appear he talk's about car's, alot, so not that intrested either.

You're clearly blinkered!

He's an enthusiast that drives cars, A LOT as well as talks about them

Someone who's informed, can break down a cars specifics and explain them in a decent fashion etc...

This lot doing the new TG will NEVER replace what Clarkson, May & Hammond had... I think this is what a lot of peoples problems are, they're expecting too much of the same when we all know it's going to be a completely new & different format!

Big fan of Chris Harris, although I can appreciate he may not be everyone's cup of tea with his laid back style and can go on a bit at times. Graet driver and by all accounts a nice bloke too. There was a story on PH about some random bumping into him testing a Maclaren P1 (IIRC) in a layby in Wales, they got chatting then took him for a blast in the Maclaren to share the experience. People moan that Top Gear went too far down the entertainment route and wasn't a car show anymore, now they have got some proper car people on board and people are moaning it will be too much about cars!

Edited by lufbramatt

"Monkey" Harris often waxes lyrical about the 5 series and is a bit of an M5 nut so I'd have thought that his inclusion, alongside that of Sabine with her M5 links, would have been broadly welcomed around these here parts!

I'm actually looking forward to it and hope that it's a lot more like the Top Gear of old old (I liked it in the Chris Goffey days). I got a bit tired of watching Jeremy and co blowing up caravans every second week and there's only so many times I can watch a car go around a track. I love motorsports but track days are not much fun to watch - they're a participation event or nothing for me.

I realise that I'm in the minority but to my mind the last format of Top Gear had had its day.