SuperDave

Lorry shunt

No, he shouldn't have but the guy filming owns a dashcam company and as an ex special knows damn well that driving slowly in the middle lane is going to lead to something happen - how lucky he had it on his dashcam, and the BBC provided a load of publicity to him.http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-northamptonshire-34933345

Hope he gets busted. Think it's a beemer too, sound of a diesel 6 in another video of his showing "bad driving" around him.

He had his hazards on :lol: not only that he's doing less than 56mph in the middle lane as the Lorry on the inside lane is also gaining on him, PC the Lorry driver obviously shouldn't of done what he did, but the bloke filming it is a complete bell end, he's half the reason your in a massive tailback on the motorway as he wont pull back over to the left, Lorry driver probably got that pissed off with the blokes driving that caused him to use the outside lane and cut across him, why he didn't just go into the inside lane is beyond me, what we haven't seen is the run up to this incident, I bet it wasn't just a random act of violence from the Lorry driver.

Edited by burnzybubbles

Neck and Shoulder pain? lmao :lol: bet he will be claiming for whiplash and emotional stress too!

All this cause he couldn't be bothered to keep left. The lorry was probably behind him for the last 20 miles. Granted, the lorry driver shouldn't do that but I'm not surprised that an "accident" like this occured....especially when undertaking is frowned upon and lorries are not allowed to use the outside lane of a motorway. 

I haven't seen a drop of sympathy for him anywhere.

Here's a previous video from him not paying attention to road markings and almost crashing into another truck when he panics.

http://www.northamptonchron.co.uk/news/local/video-road-safety-campaigner-films-near-miss-on-northamptonshire-roundabout-1-6264093

They,re both at fault,as a professional driver the lorry driver should be able to cope with situations like this in a proper manner,if not he should hang up his keys.

I haven't seen a drop of sympathy for him anywhere.

Here's a previous video from him not paying attention to road markings and almost crashing into another truck when he panics.

http://www.northamptonchron.co.uk/news/local/video-road-safety-campaigner-films-near-miss-on-northamptonshire-roundabout-1-6264093

Wow, he must be one of those chronic bad drivers that blames everyone else cause he thinks he is correct 100% of the time. In that video it was clear the lanes would merge even before he came off the roundabout. He should have either sped up to overtake the lorry like a normal person or slowed and let the lorry go like a normal person, not too stay side by side next to a large lorry for a good amount of time then try and speed up as the lanes merged, like an onion. 

Someone needs to go for a retest or take some advance lessons with regards to forward planning and considerate driving. 

Both stupid but yes the car driver initiated the stupidity. I get frustrated with car drivers doing sub 55mph on the motorway especially the ones that can't maintain a constant speed and keep slowing to below my speed limiter then just as I get along side them they speed up just faster than my limiter and start leaving me. It's all down to a lack of spacial awareness as I'm sure they wouldn't play chicken with a 44 ton truck if they had it pointed out to them.

I get frustrated with car drivers doing sub 55mph on the motorway especially the ones that can't maintain a constant speed and keep slowing to below my speed limiter then just as I get along side them they speed up just faster than my limiter and start leaving me.

The only thing worse is the one you actually pass but he creeps back up the inside. He then sits by your nearside front where you can't see him. And unlike the chap trying to drum up business for his company, you are not going to hog lane two....

What an absolute helmet!! Why do these people constantly think that sitting in the middle lane is acceptable. Over take then move the fu*k over! It's not rocket science.

Time after time I have to move from the slow lane out to the fast lane & back again just because someone is sitting in the middle lane.

I'm sure I read a while ago that police now have the power to issue fines for people hogging the middle lane?

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Hi,

Yes there is a fine for it and last year it went up from £60 to £100.

Problem is the Police aren't out there nicking them and the other inconsiderate/dangerous drivers in their hundreds and that's why the driving standards are so poor...
Cheers,

Gavin :)

I'm sure I read a while ago that police now have the power to issue fines for people hogging the middle lane?

Yes they do and yes they do! http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/585940/motorway-driver-middle-lane-illegal-driving-car-west-yorkshire

Looks like a really bad attempt at self-publicity - this guy should have his licence suspended for six months as a punishment for being a complete knob.

Looks like a really bad attempt at self-publicity - this guy should have his licence suspended for six months as a punishment for being a complete knob.

Love it, Judge: we've reviewed your case, it's a unamonous decision to ban you for driving for 6 months based on clear evidence of you being a complete knob.

Both at fault, car driver inconsiderate driving, truck driver dangerous driving, I agree with Mick who actually does the job, if you can't cope with idiots on the road hang up your keys.

These Hgv's can run at 40 tonnes, much more when you take the momentum of motorway speeds into account,I would like to think that most Hgv drivers are above adversarial manoeuvres shown by this smart alec.

Sorry Mick, Norris, two wrongs don't make a right.

Edited by vanhool

The police should not be wasting any time on this tosser, just fine him for lane hogging then fine him again for wasting police time.

Exactly. No sympathy for this moron at all.

These Hgv's can run at 40 tonnes

44 Tonnes.

I've been in the Truck drivers situation many times, as i expect Mick and Nomis have. Very frustrating, but no excuses for doing what he did.

Both at fault, car driver inconsiderate driving, truck driver dangerous driving, I agree with Mick who actually does the job, if you can't cope with idiots on the road hang up your keys.

These Hgv's can run at 40 tonnes, much more when you take the momentum of motorway speeds into account,I would like to think that most Hgv drivers are above adversarial manoeuvres shown by this smart alec.

Sorry Mick, Norris, two wrongs don't make a right.

We run at 44 tons on 6 axles these days. And yes I agree, the truck driver was being a knob too, thought I'd made that clear in my 1st post. We come across real shitty driving that does grind our gears everyday but you just have to let it wash over you and move on. Getting all aggressive and trying to get justice by being a big bully is stupid and futile. To reiterate, they were both complete knobs, 50/50.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Same opinion as most folks on here, he's clearly a total bellend.... Not excusing the lorries behaviour but this guy should be shafted by the cops...

The roundabout vid he could've cause 3 accidents alone

Plonker

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by stubobby

Car driver should be done and his insurance claim thrown out, middle lane when left is clear, driving well under the speed limit if a hgv can overtake that easily, with his hazards on not to mention he could have avoided the accident as he had room to move across. Just a knob looking for publicity as others have said.

I bet had he caused a pile up behind him then footage of his dash cam would not have been seen.

It's reminded me of a muppet I saw about 6 months ago in the long M1 road works which are 50mph restricted. This idiot in an old rover took it upon himself to enforce the speed limit by sitting in the outside lane blasting his horn and flashing his lights at every single vehicle driver that got fed up with his shenanigans and undertook him. Doing that wouldn't have been so bad if he'd actually been doing smack on 50mph but he wasn't, he was doing his speedo's indicated 50mph which in reality was 47! I stayed with him for about 5 miles before going on my way. I so wish a police car had seen this irate self appointed law enforcer and done him.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by Nomis