Nomis

I'm falling for its charm......

I wasn't sure because of its wrong wheel driveness but after 2 days of getting it I'm starting to really gel with it. The way it gets up the road and the great sound track from that 'little' 4 pot means I'm averaging 21mpg so far

I have only been nipping about locally and going to work 3.5 miles away so that's about as bad as it'll get I reckon. I've read they're good for high 30's or even into the 40's on a decent steady run.

On the to do list is....

see about a map update for the sat nav which'll be a couple of years out of date, not urgent because I'll probably hardly use it but if it's reasonably priced I'll do it.

Swap the wheels round, front to back etc to even tyre wear out (it is a wee bit wheel spin happy on these greasy cold roads ) it's on its original Goodyear F1's, not sure if they're run flats?????? Don't think so because it's got a space saver.

Get a brodit mount for my active cradle.

As for mods, the only one I can think of at the moment is an illuminated gear knob which I think was an option but I probably won't bother and maybe a K&N panel filter although an induction kit might find its way under the hood.

So far all I've done is put my home address in the nav and change the battery's in both remotes as I kept getting a warning message saying they were going flat

Anyway, another pic of it........

post-36959-14483878345653_thumb.jpg

Yeah there is. It's been years since I had one but at one time I wouldn't have had anything else but ford. I have to say it seems really well screwed together and has a quality feel. Maybe not BMW quality but is certainly better than the French or Italian equivalent. This is my interior. post-36959-14483950080832_thumb.jpg

Edited by Nomis

Ford certainly make some good looking cars these days. New mondeo is really quite handsome.

I like the idea of a hot hatch for some track day fun and B road blasts. Something you can drive the wheels of at sane speeds

Find memories of wringing the last drop from various xr3s, nova SRS, Astra gtes and my 205.

Aah happy days.

Went along to a ford dealer last year with my brother to look at an older focus st and they had one of these in the showroom, there was something that kept drawing me back to it to take another look. It seemed a nicely finished car and as you get older with kids etc there is a part of you that thinks how much fun to have something like this at your disposal again.

Always wanted a Sierra cosworth but never managed it had a Granada cosworth which I suppose could be argued a better engine in some ways.

Anyway, I saved myself £16 buying another brodit mount, turns out the Kia one is a perfect fit for the focus! Who'd have thought it

post-36959-1448435051261_thumb.jpg

Just need a slightly longer cable than the standard 1M effort because the usb socket is in the box under the centre arm rest for some reason I would like to get a black one but only original Apple cables fit the brodit cradle and I don't think they do black do they?

I've had several Sierras and also hankered after a Cosworth for many years but by the time I was actually in a position to afford one I couldn't justify spending that much money on an old Sierra! Still, when my numbers come up there'll be a mint, original, RS500 in the garage. :)

I've had several Sierras and also hankered after a Cosworth for many years but by the time I was actually in a position to afford one I couldn't justify spending that much money on an old Sierra! Still, when my numbers come up there'll be a mint, original, RS500 in the garage. :)

Exactly my situation.