Alexak

Now Sold 4 as new Gloss Black E60 wheels plus Winter tyres £350

Who would like to benefit from my dose of brain fade?

I own  an F11 and I managed to get my offsets muddled :(

I bought four ex E60 wheels and winter tyres on Ebay at the weekend only to get home and realise my F11 was ET30 and the wheels I bought were ET20 so they would stick out a further 10mm which on my car will almost certainly foul the arches!

It has been ages since I last bought any wheels and for some daft reason I got it in my head that ET20 meant I might need to buy some 10mm spacers but the reality is the exact opposite

Doh!

Anyway

They are gorgeous 18" 166M 'style' wheels in High Gloss Black which has to be the best colour for winter wheels ever imho :)

They are spotless and look nearly as new to me, absolutely no kerbing anywhere.

The guy I bought them from used them occasionally on his M5 apparently.

Complete with BMW centre caps

They have 2 nokian 245x45x18 wr a3 100v xl ;winter tyres 7mm tread remaining , other two alloys have dunlop winter sport 245x45x18 , 1 is 3d sport and the other is winter m3 both have a fair amount of tread remaining.

I will offer them here before I put them up on Ebay

If anyone wants them I just want to recover my outlay so you can have them for £350 ovno.

Collection only from my home just outside of Ellesmere in Shropshire.

I will take some photos tomorrow and add them to this post.

Edited by Alexak

Sorry for the non relevant post, but have you even tried to fit them to see how they sit?!

It could be that there's more room that you think!

Actually no I haven't, thanks.

I suppose I ought to check just for my own sanity as it would a shame to sell them on if I can actually use them.

My existing standard type 328 wheels are very close to the edge of the wing already, surprisingly so! If these others do stick out any further I can't see them not fouling on something the first time I hit a bump on full lock or whatever and that is not a risk worth taking

I will give it a try in the morning 

I tried one today on the car and it is as expected 10mm to far out, it actually lined up perfectly with the line formed at the point between bumper and rear quarter.

So here are some pictures should anyone be interested in buying them for their E60 or E61

DSCN1116a_zpsrpvsct7l.jpg

DSCN1120_zpsjltwlifv.jpg

DSCN1135_zpsxmgn9zuc.jpg

DSCN1125_zpspiqrggsx.jpg

DSCN1128_zpslh8w6etn.jpg

DSCN1121_zpsiqzmbfkj.jpg

They're wide on E46's, but they like to flare their arches in that scene, so that's why they go for aggressive alloys

They wouldn't use the tyres, they'd get others 'stretched' on etc

They're wide on E46's, but they like to flare their arches in that scene, so that's why they go for aggressive alloys

They wouldn't use the tyres, they'd get others 'stretched' on etc

Oh yes I see what you mean.

Get them advertised on Gumtree and maybe the alloys for sale page on Facebook (if you're on FB): https://www.facebook.com/groups/bmwalloys/

I have someone interested and he may be down to collect at the weekend but if not then that Facebook page looks pretty handy thanks.

An idea of 166's on an E38 ;)

p381_zpsb740f4f2.jpg

Get them advertised on Gumtree and maybe the alloys for sale page on Facebook (if you're on FB): https://www.facebook.com/groups/bmwalloys/

Aren't these OEM 19s though?

I presumed that at 18s these were actually replicas and not an OEM wheel (I'm the interested party btw and have agreed a sale assuming I'm buying reps).

Yes as I mentioned above the guy I bought them from said 166M 'style' I assumed that meant reps. So OEM are they available as 19" only then?

For Kris

Here is the youtube link I mentioned when we were invited to an MG meet in Belgium

Mine was the darker blue one, probably one of the best Q cars ever.

I had a slight advantage over the others at that event with this under the bonnet

Blower.jpg

Edited by Alexak

I had a 260! It died after trying to mate with an articulated...! :(

Had considered the Roush charger for it, just never got there

Kenne Bell though... Wow! Would love to have seen that in the flesh

Edited by d_a_n1979

I had two, a nasp in black below and the celestial blue blown car

Dave Richards at Prodrive did the early chassis work and MGR ensured the  chassis was good for around 500 bhp 

The weak point in the power train was the gear box. 

The Dana LSD was good for 600bhp

Dreadnought in Scotland developed the Rouche conversion for MGR to take the engine up to 385 bhp and that like the similar version on the SVR would probably have gone into production prior to MGR going croak

Dreadnought themselves preferred the Kenne Belle route and developed their own conversion as an after-market option

Mine ran 9 psi, any more and the box would have failed due to the excess torque, they were rated at 450-500NM iirc.

As I said a pretty good Q car no one would have known what this was from behind till they heard it ;)

elanvalley_20070429_0104.jpg