Piper

WOAH! F10 iDrive retrofit into E39s and E38s is a reality!

That does look awesome. I did think about doing it but thought it would be a bit of a pain if I ever wanted to return to standard.

Edited by inkiboo

Wow this is VERY interesting. For some reason I stopped lurking in these forums for many months and now we have this!!!

Will definitely find some funds to retrofit the system to my car. Keeps stuff interesting.

Anyway the songs are stored in on board hard disk system? How big is the storage? Can i store some movies too??

Just spent the last 3 days reading the whole thread on bimmerforums. Nice to see the development of the product.

I dont buy dvd any more these days...everything is online/stream.

Also I find the best place for me to put the controller is around the ashtray/hazard light location. The cubby hole does not work for me as I'm quite short and I sit right up front, the cubby hole location is too far back for me to be comfortable. Will have to do some custom centre console work when I do mine. Not too worried about that as I have a few good solutions locally about the finishing.

I finally have mine in the car.

Nav etc works. But at the moment, do not have any sound coming through. Is this normal, pre coding?

I've just fired off an email to Mick to help with the coding side, but I'm pretty sure that i should still hear something.

My only guess is that the NBT unit Ive bought is turned down, and it wont recognise my steering controls until coded?

Any help from those that have done the install, would be appreciated.

Thanks

On Monday, August 08, 2016 at 5:13 PM, El Turko said:

I finally have mine in the car.

Nav etc works. But at the moment, do not have any sound coming through. Is this normal, pre coding?

I've just fired off an email to Mick to help with the coding side, but I'm pretty sure that i should still hear something.

My only guess is that the NBT unit Ive bought is turned down, and it wont recognise my steering controls until coded?

Any help from those that have done the install, would be appreciated.

Thanks

Any joy Bek?

I was just getting into admiring this tech achievement, but after page 3 on Tapatalk all I get is this:

b8ef5845e92979dd3cd94747a6e773b5.jpg

It's almost as annoying as all the downvibe content

Cheers,

Steve

@inkiboo @Piper @3drstretch are any of you local for me to see this and steal the parts list? looks more OEM than my current ipad setup and maybe better functionality...

cheers gents. 

1 minute ago, inkiboo said:

I'm in West London

Awesome. I'm by heathrow! 

If you're free over the weekend it would awesome to see this!