Piper

WOAH! F10 iDrive retrofit into E39s and E38s is a reality!

Is the horn still working Chris? I'll have a look in the box of bits and see if I still have a slipring in there

Sorry mate, late reply.

I had the same before and it was the slipring. I'll have a look if I still have one over the weekend.

Watching this closely. Saw the 7 with it fitted on YouTube a few weeks back and thought to myself it's the way to go into a 39 or 38 as well as the 60's

Bow down to the determination and I can't see your costs getting out of control either now

Watching this closely. Saw the 7 with it fitted on YouTube a few weeks back and thought to myself it's the way to go into a 39 or 38 as well as the 60's

Bow down to the determination and I can't see your costs getting out of control either now

I have it in a E60, the only way to upgrade from CCC or CIC! 

Any updates yet

Watching and waiting!

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Looks an interesting retrofit.

IMO - I'd custom mount the controller into the center console , probably where the ash tray is as i think putting it there would make look almost OEM. But that would only work if you don't mind getting rid of the wood trim as you'll end up cutting / trimming the center console trim in order for the controller to fit.

Edited by Jay_w

Hi to everyone, i'm new to this forum so thanks for accepting me. i am interested in this retrofit and would like to know if it is possible on my F10 2010 530D please.what would i need to buy and would i get everything working including DAB and connect drive apps? Thanks.

Hi to everyone, i'm new to this forum so thanks for accepting me. i am interested in this retrofit and would like to know if it is possible on my F10 2010 530D please.what would i need to buy and would i get everything working including DAB and connect drive apps? Thanks.

Am i missing something?

Am i missing something?

Possibly... ;)

Edit - wasn't meant to be that short haha.

The f10 has three variants (from research) no screen, small screen and big screen much like the e60.

Jam

Edited by Jamworth

Possibly...

Edit - wasn't meant to be that short haha.

The f10 has three variants (from research) no screen, small screen and big screen much like the e60.

Jam

Well my car has CIC, Professional sat nav, bluetooth but can not play music through it. Hope this helps.

Well my car has CIC, Professional sat nav, bluetooth but can not play music through it. Hope this helps.

I'm no f10 expert im afraid so can't really help.

You might be better off starting a new thread in the audio section, something along the lines of "I have a pro nav setup in my f10 but want auxiliary input"

Hope that helps and welcome!

Jam

Edited by Jamworth

I'm no f10 expert im afraid so can't really help.

You might be better off starting a new thread in the audio section, something along the lines of "I have a pro nav setup in my f10 but want auxiliary input"

Hope that helps and welcome!

Jam

Ok, thank you for replying :)

Ok, thank you for replying :)

That's OK :D

This thread is looking at how a member (or few) are retrofitting the f10 navigation into the old e39 so you probably wouldn't get answered here.

Have a read on some of the forum stickies (like reminders) or have a search in the top right hand side for what you are after.

Any problems, give any of the moderators a shout and I'm happy to help also.

Jam

The logical progression from this will be retro-fitting a head up display...

2002 LMB e39 m5 Mon - Fri

2014 F10 M5 on the weekends

Hankering for an e39 540 / b10 touring.....so I can supercharge the e39 m5... :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Update from me on this. Kit has arrived apart from the screen bezel which is following on next week I believe.

Must admit I am slightly hesitant about doing this given my M5 is completely original but nothing in the NBT kit stops me putting the old sat nav back in the future. Plus the wife's new F31 has NBT so the E39 system is really showing its age now!