Piper

WOAH! F10 iDrive retrofit into E39s and E38s is a reality!

Current spend £865.....still on track for everything less than a grand!

Just need the two bezels... :cool:

Edited by Piper

Current spend £865.....still on track for everything less than a grand!

Just need the two bezels... :cool:

Give us progress reports.

Very keen to see how easy it is to plug together.

You're not going for the touch ecu and touch controller?

Am I right thinking that the NBT will need coding?

Germanicks reckoned only 8 hours or so to fit.

Where you gonna be locating Ya NBT Chris ???

Not sure, it's going in the Touring, I'm gonna remove CD changer...will there be enough room you reckon?

Give us progress reports.

Very keen to see how easy it is to plug together.

You're not going for the touch ecu and touch controller?

Am I right thinking that the NBT will need coding?

Germanicks reckoned only 8 hours or so to fit.

Would have liked the touch but it wasn't included in the deal I managed to haggle. No great loss.

Not sure, it's going in the Touring, I'm gonna remove CD changer...will there be enough room you reckon?

Probably but I was hoping you say up front somewhere lol as I have a sub box where my cd changer used to be so can't use that area. Thinking maybe glovebox will be the place with a nice trim piece made for it. As guessing it needs to be accessible for CDs ????

which version did you go for ??

Edited by 3drstretch

Think there is a seperate panel with even more buttons on similar to the MID panel

And I can see the pic but wot do all the colours mean lol and wot options are there ??

Edited by 3drstretch

Think there is a seperate panel with even more buttons on similar to the MID panel

And I can see the pic but wot do all the colours mean lol and wot options are there ??

That panel can't be easily added to an E39 so I think the only option is steering wheel controls.

In the Germaniks video, and the monster thread on bimmerforums - both show that volume is controlled through the steering wheel. The comments in the thread confirm it.

There is an option to control volume through the NBT front fascia, but then this would need to be purchased and dash mounted somewhere. This is my plan when fitting mine. Germaniks would need to confirm, but I am sure in the bimmerforums thread he mentioned the connection in his loom is there should you want to add this. It just means a fair bit of custom work.

It is exactly the same with the eject button. You will not be able to eject a CD without the face.

But most people will be mounting the NBT unit in the boot, and therefore not use the CD drive, so no need to eject.

One thing I have just thought of; the only way to control the volume will be through the steering wheel

Which is a bummer as for some reason the MFSW controls have stopped working on the E38, was a toss up between E38 and E39 install. E39 it is...