bmw535dlad

2006 e60 535d swirl flap size and where to get them from?

Hi I know everyone keeps asking the same ??'s I understand why I have been looking to remove the swirl flaps on my ^^^as status says but I can only find them on eBay from the likes of Germany etc anyone know anywhere? Plus the size I would need? Any info would be appreciated, with this problem in the back of my mind I did decide not to run it at Santa pod last weekend was abit gutted but the cost of I did suck a flap in would of been a nightmare..

Got mine from pmwltd.co.uk

They can send you both sizes and you then send the ones that don't fit back.

I just took mine off first and then measured and ordered the right size first time.

Hard to tell for me as was having a lot of hesitation and sluggishness issues at time and I replaced an array of parts.

Horsey

I'm just about to order a set of blanking plates for my car (2007 525d 3-litre M57/T2). Looks like I'll have to order 2 sets ensure I get the right size. Question though: I've been reading an article on here about changing the crankcase breather while doing the swirl flaps job. I understand that the E60 LCI has the vortex type crankcase breather which shouldn't need replacing. Any thoughts please? My car has only just clicked over 50k if mileage is a factor.

Ive just done mine on my 535d e60 2004 and they are 33mm. Be sure to buy a decent set with the gaskets! AND clean the inlet manifold and EGR (if you don't delete) before reinstalling. Check vacuum hoses whilst you have everything in bits. Runs a lot cleaner and smoother now :)

I'm just about to order a set of blanking plates for my car (2007 525d 3-litre M57/T2). Looks like I'll have to order 2 sets ensure I get the right size. Question though: I've been reading an article on here about changing the crankcase breather while doing the swirl flaps job. I understand that the E60 LCI has the vortex type crankcase breather which shouldn't need replacing. Any thoughts please? My car has only just clicked over 50k if mileage is a factor.

Carefully remove and inspect is my advice to confirm which type you have. Look for obvious oil contamination or I've read of a failed diaphragm.