Geordie

NE Meet - Sunderland - 04/10/15

I'm quite new to the forum, but noticed there didn't seem to be any regular NE meets organised. It looks like there are a number of north east members, and reaction to the 'gauging interest' pm's I sent out has been positive, so here goes....

Date: Sunday 4th October 2015

Time: 12:00 Midday

Location: Herrington Country Park, Chester Road, Houghton-Le-Spring, Tyne & Wear

Postcode: DH4 7EL

I've organised loads of get-togethers at this venue on other owners clubs. There's a big grassy bit on the left as you go down the hill that's great to park. Family friendly, lots of walks for the kids, dogs allowed on leads, and there's food, drink and loos.

Map:

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/Herrington+Country+Park/@54.8738818,-1.4693911,14z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x487e649a3db63f95:0x52094229f33f7948?hl=en

Bit of info from Trip Advisor:

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Attraction_Review-g227059-d3806166-Reviews-Herrington_Country_Park-Sunderland_Tyne_and_Wear_England.html

Seeing as it's the first of what we hope to be a regular thing, how about a couple of hours of chat, a look around the lovely 5's, and a coffee or ice cream depending on the weather!?

I realise I'm still a newbie, and I hope I'm not treading on anyone's toes here (apologies if I am), but if you're interested, copy and paste the list and add your name. Hopefully this can be the start of a regular thing.

1. Geordie (E60)

Reads like a plan and will be good to meet a few fellow forum members. ;)

Location looks great and about 45mins to an hour from me. It might be an idea to see how much interest from North East/North Yorks owners the meet attracts and then find a central location to suit all...?

I'm in providing it's not lashing down. ;)

1. Geordie (E60)

2. cableguy (e34)

Hi,

I wish you good luck with getting some good numbers of attendees in ! 

October, North of the country and NOT raining?!..   ..    As I say, Good luck!

If you don't get the numbers, then a backup plan, especially at that time of year, might be to get whoever does sign up to meetup say at a local cafe that's near to a multi storey car park? head up out to the top outdoor floor if it's dry. If it starts raining, nip to the lower level. 

In the past we've done this at the IKEA car park in Wembley

DSC05233.jpg

DSC05259.jpg

Cheers, Dennis!

Reads like a plan and will be good to meet a few fellow forum members. ;)

Location looks great and about 45mins to an hour from me. It might be an idea to see how much interest from North East/North Yorks owners the meet attracts and then find a central location to suit all...?

I'm in providing it's not lashing down. ;)

1. Geordie (E60)

2. cableguy (e34)

3.imp (e61)

Bugger, I can't make this one as I'm working. Not far from me too!

Shame. Can you not get the day off work?

1.Geordie (e60)

2. cableguy (e34)

3. imp (e61)

4. Ian.p (f06)

5. Repsol

6. Joe (B16JSY E60)

7. Adam (E60 M5)

8. Snowie (E90 M3)

I'm technically NE but this is a 3 hour journey at legal speeds, I'll try to get there in a little over two then!

Gold Members

N/A Positive Feedback

0 0 0

119 posts

LocationSaltburn-By-The-Sea

Current Car:BMW 530d (E60)

Posted 23 August 2015 - 09:11 pm

1.Geordie (e60)

2. cableguy (e34)

3. imp (e61)

4. Ian.p (f06)

5. Repsol

6. Joe (B16JSY E60)

7. Adam (E60 M5)

8. Snowie (E90 M3)

9.Duffy e63

Edited by DUFFY

Nice one Duffy. Look forward to meeting you.

1.Geordie (e60)

2. cableguy (e34)
3. imp (e61)
4. Ian.p (f06)
5. Repsol
6. Joe (B16JSY E60)
7. Adam (E60 M5)
8. Snowie (E90 M3)
9. Duffy e63

I'd love to come and I'm about 45 mins away but its my birthday the day before and I'll be in Newcastle for the Rugby World Cup, no where near sober by midday on the Sunday and to add insult to injury........I'll be on the train  :cry:

Fingers crossed the weather is kind and there is a good turnout. I'll be at the next one hopefully!

How far from Surrey? LOL

In all seriousness, I could always get a Premier Inn for the night - a little far for a day trip!

Edited by Loadmaster

How far from Surrey? LOL

In all seriousness, I could always get a Premier Inn for the night - a little far for a day trip!

Sounds like a plan.

I'm at a Porsche meet on Sunday down near Colchester, and I've done exactly that. Staying at the Premier Inn at Huntingdon on Saturday night to break up the journey down.

Get it booked Sir!

According to AA route planner, 634 miles round trip!

A lot of the route is up the A1 - what's that like for progress - any slow spots? 

According to AA route planner, 634 miles round trip!

A lot of the route is up the A1 - what's that like for progress - any slow spots? 

I got stuck on it three weeks ago whilst trying to get down to Calais. 100 miles in 3 hours :( There are quite a few road works around Sheffield area/north of the M180 that are a pain in the ar$e. Maybe the M1 would be better, its three lanes most of the way and then hop across to the A1 at Leeds?

Thanks Andy for the alternative suggestion. Makes it even further though of course and not really practical now.

A bit of a long way for a cuppa in a (potentially) wet car park. 

To those who go, enjoy.