F10 530d

What did you do to your F07/F10/F11 today?

Reset the vehicle check service using my Foxwell.

After 1,579 miles in the last year I took it for its annual MOT first thing this morning.  Pleased to say like @Cadwell Parker it passed with no advisories, maintaining its clean sheet of MOTs.

Result.

Smug face on now. :D

Now have to pay my road tax, smug face gone:lol:

1579 miles! mental, id expect no advisories :P

always amazing how these cars can change your facial behaviour in the blink of an eye:lol:

Edited by deano16v

yeah, was only in jest mate and a bit of a glib comment. I've been watching the value drain out of mine lately, it did over 800 miles just last week. 

21 minutes ago, 535i Andrew said:

I've been working from home since early March last year, so its only ever gone to the local Tesco once a week if that!

Yep mine has been doing the school run and the odd trip to CostCo or Wickes...just had its oil service and micro filter done at Barons Hindhead last week....great service from the guys there I have to say and only cost me £270 odd.

3 minutes ago, deano16v said:

yeah, was only in jest mate and a bit of a glib comment. I've been watching the value drain out of mine lately, it did over 800 miles just last week. 

Nobody buys an F10/11 as an investment LOL :D

Lol no worries @deano16v, I miss not being allowed to drive it, due to Lockdown restrictions.

But I was wondering about condition of rear brakes and the rust on the rear anti roll bar, but my concerns were unfounded thank goodness.

4 minutes ago, nick_mcuk said:

Nobody buys an F10/11 as an investment LOL :D

Weeeeellll  looking at prices of used 535is I don't think I'll have lost that much on it as I thought.  Petrol and ULEZ compliant.  :D

Fords are where the money is if you want an investment, not this BMW tat:D

1 minute ago, 535i Andrew said:

Weeeeellll  looking at prices of used 535is I don't think I'll have lost that much on it as I thought.  Petrol and ULEZ compliant.  :D

Fords are where the money is if you want an investment, not this BMW tat:D

hahah or Porsche :D

Just now, 535i Andrew said:

Nah, I'll plump for the Blue oval thanks:P

Oh wait, this here is a BMW forum......:lol:

hahah got both here....F11 for daily and some Pork for the Summer :):D

After some thought of getting shut over christmas, and a test drive of a possible replacement that didnt end well, i had to get the old girl MOT'd today. Passed with no advisories....yaaay!

8 hours ago, 535i Andrew said:

After 1,579 miles in the last year

Lol... 21500 on mine since the last test. No furlough  or home working in my line of work. It's been all hands to the pumps since last March and I'm doing a round trip of 85 miles to work 5 or 6 days a week so the car's getting plenty of use.

1 hour ago, 535i Andrew said:

That’s three of us with recent clean sheets! 

Nice one 

Mine passed in September....clean sheet but then again I wouldn't expect anything else on a 16 plate car!

58 minutes ago, Cadwell Parker said:

Lol... 21500 on mine since the last test. No furlough  or home working in my line of work. It's been all hands to the pumps since last March and I'm doing a round trip of 85 miles to work 5 or 6 days a week so the car's getting plenty of use.

21500 is what ive done since the last test. Proper mileage :D

2 hours ago, 535i Andrew said:

Nice one 

Hope to join you mines due before 14th  February and my F10 2011 and has 161k :rolleyes:.

Will be booked in for when a return home next week.

Got the brake fluid service done on Wednesday.

MOT due end MAR. Likely to get a couple of advisories - rear drivers side tyre at 2.5mm and a carry over from last year of a small crack in the plastic undertray. The garage said nothing to worry about. 

Car has only done 56k miles since I got it new in 2012.

Annual mileage is a bit down at the moment. My cars & bike:

F11: My 525d had its MOT in October 2020, and it was another clean bill of health. Only 146,200 miles on it as of tonight, so 1200 miles since October, and 1000 of that was work.

Boxster: I bought a 2000 Boxster 2.7 in 2018 for £3k. Looks like they're generally up to £5k now - Boxsters are finally on the turn. Not that I'm selling. 1200 miles in the last 3 years.

Golf: We've owned a Golf GTE since March 2020, and done 3200 miles since then.

Corsa: My Son's 2012 Corsa has done 1200 miles in the last 2 years.

Suzuki GSXR 750: My bike. 40 miles in the last year. Oh dear.

Edited by BFleming

10 hours ago, BFleming said:

zuki GSXR 750: My bike. 40 miles in the last year. Oh dear

Your bike is doing better than mine believe it or not. 0 miles at all in over a year. There's an issue with the aftermarket alarm which came fitted to the bike when I bought it which is keeping the motor from starting. No time/patience to investigate myself and struggling to find anyone nearby with the necessary knowledge/enthusiasm to tackle it.

I'm leaving for work early today to go the long way to work in the F11 over mountain roads so I can play with my newly remapped engine. 

17 hours ago, 535i Andrew said:

Nice one 

Four. ;) But mine went in for warranty work before they MOTd it. Does that count?

2 hours ago, Cadwell Parker said:

Your bike is doing better than mine believe it or not. 0 miles at all in over a year. There's an issue with the aftermarket alarm which came fitted to the bike when I bought it which is keeping the motor from starting. No time/patience to investigate myself and struggling to find anyone nearby with the necessary knowledge/enthusiasm to tackle it.

I'm leaving for work early today to go the long way to work in the F11 over mountain roads so I can play with my newly remapped engine. 

Hi, apologies if I skim read over it, but if you don't mind me asking, who did the remap?  I'm looking for a place to do mine.

20 hours ago, Matt said:

Hi, apologies if I skim read over it, but if you don't mind me asking, who did the remap?  I'm looking for a place to do mine.

It was a garage in Dumfries close to where I live but probably miles away from you :mrgreen: I can't see your location in your profile but if your close enough to S.W. Scotland let me know and I'll did out the phone number for you.

4 hours ago, Cadwell Parker said:

It was a garage in Dumfries close to where I live but probably miles away from you :mrgreen: I can't see your location in your profile but if your close enough to S.W. Scotland let me know and I'll did out the phone number for you.

I'm about as far away from you as its possible to be :)

I'm on the South Coast in Dorset.  Closer to Northern France really.  I don't mind travelling for a good quality job though.

I've been looking at this +34% torque with Stage 1 ECU Remap on BMW 5 Series 535i 301 bhp (2009-now) (celtictuning.co.uk).  They are down in Cornwall, so only a few hours away from me.  Excuse for a day trip to the beach.

There is Turbo Dynamics in Christchurch which is partnered with Celtic Tuning.

which I believe is close to both of us.

I use a tuning box which is a great improvement to fuel economy and performance and easy to fit yourself at

Tuning-diesels . com
Hope this may help.

On 23/01/2021 at 12:36, Matt said:

Try and get hold.of enda ward, he did mine but he's Midlands based,