F10 530d

What did you do to your F07/F10/F11 today?

5 minutes ago, 535i Andrew said:

You'll need to enlighten me, why do some steering wheels have a red or yellow stripe at the 12oclock position?

Is it a form of go faster stripe?  :P

Its for race or rally cars so the driver knows when the wheels are straight....cant see why you would need that on an F10/11 though :D  :D

6 minutes ago, NeilV535 said:

the stripe marks TDC so you know which way is up ;) 

The spokes and the BMW roundel aren't enough for you to tell which way is up.  :lol:

I've it on Porsches, but then again Porsche drivers aren't the brightest.:P 

you are indeed correct supposed to tell direction of wheels, mine came with the stripe as do most BMW alcantara steering wheels, I wanted something thicker than standard as well as different stiching. Wheel supplied by http://royalsteeringwheels.com/gallery/bmw/ check out their web site. wheel cost £170 + £200 Deposit.

I've had a couple of wheels done by Jack at Royal Steering Wheels... superb every time. You just tell him what material and features you want, he does the rest. 

Fitted winter wheels shod with Crossclimate+ tyres left over from last winter then drove 50 miles to work :)

20201028-164915.jpg

Loved the change in feel from the Goodyears I've been running through the summer.

9 hours ago, Wozza345 said:

Finally installed my upgraded underseat subs and components, Soooo much better! (Carpet came out for a good clean and dry as i had the classic water leak)

Wonderful photo. Let us know how many pieces are leftover once you've put it back together :D

Very impressive work, fella.

11 hours ago, jannism said:

Wonderful photo. Let us know how many pieces are leftover once you've put it back together :D

Very impressive work, fella.

I missed a screw somewhere in the center console and forgot to run a USB cable from the glove box to my DSP in the boot (for audio tuning). Apart from that it all went back perfectly, thanks to newtis :)

Popped out for some milk took long route for dpf regeneration as it was at 96% then nipped into shell to checked all tyre pressure's.

Screenshot-20201114-174109-bimmer-tool.j

Edited by marko530d

12 hours ago, marko530d said:

Popped out for some milk took long route for dpf regeneration as it was at 96% then nipped into shell to checked all tyre pressure's.

Screenshot-20201114-174109-bimmer-tool.j

has yours had a new DPF at some point mate, or just had it reset? that ASH mass is low. mines at 60 odd grams after 180k according to Carly lol

Service and MOT. 

Screenshot_20201118-211113.thumb.jpg.f1139464feda42228a525e98e44ca252.jpg

Why does my disc look like this?  18.5k miles. Pads have basically little wear I'm told.

Mentioned I should replace discs when I replace pads. At my milage that is still a couple years away.

Edited by Skynet5

Replaced the oil filter housing gasket on my 520 today, wished I’d done it when I had the engine out for the timing chain, but couldn’t get the parts in time! But inlet off again, easy enough to change and now I can start to clean the driveway!! 

On 16/11/2020 at 09:53, deano16v said:

has yours had a new DPF at some point mate, or just had it reset? that ASH mass is low. mines at 60 odd grams after 180k according to Carly lol

Am not sure mate all is good though @deano16v dont look new but dont look old either. 

Cars been well maintained by pervious owner.

Almost another 10000 miles on the F11 so time for another engine oil change. Being fortunate enough to have a car with a dipstick  I sucked out as much as possible with a Sealy vacuum pump before jacking the front of the car, removing the sump plug and lowering the jack again to allow the remaining oil to drain. I used the Sealy to remove the dregs from the oil filter housing before fitting a fresh Mahle filter and pouring in 6 litres of...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mannol-1X20L-MN7715-Fully-Synthetic-Eng-Oil-Longlife-5w30-LL04-AUDI-VW-504-507C3/254754165538?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

The I-drive says the oil level is ok at that but it was only just above the min mark on the stick so I'll keep an eye on it and add a little more if needed.

Out of curiosity I switched on the ignition after draining the oil, making doubly sure first to have my foot well away from the brake. I wanted to see what kind of warning the car might give for low (no) oil. I was expecting it the flash up in big red letter "insufficient oil to start engine" or something similar but there was nothing. Looking at the oil level on I-drive it showed a screen saying it was measuring the oil level  but didn't move from that for like 5 mins, just kept measuring the oil level. Not sure if this is normal behaviour or not but it was an interesting experiment. I switched off and carried on refilling with fresh oil and with 6 litres added it took a couple of seconds to measure the level before telling me there was sufficient oil to start the engine so it's obviously working to a certain extent. I don't trust the sensor to be accurate. You know where you are with a dipstick, as long as you can find level ground that is.

Put the F11 in to my local BMW filiale for the AGR kuhler recall (or EGR cooler if you really need it translated).

Got a quite nice brand new 318i to play with until tomorrow. Glad to say it's not as small as the 118d I got for the first recall, but I'm not so sure I like the way BMW design is going.... very 'electronic', with everything button controlled, the Start/Stop button moved down beside the transmission selector, which itself is about half the size of my F11's. For a standard 318i the ride is rather 'solid'... I'll but that down to everything being new, including the runflats.

Nice as it is, I'll be very happy to get my 530d back.

(Oh, and the steering wheel is on the wrong side too !)

Edited by HandyAndy_UK

18 minutes ago, rasg said:

Do you have a link for it please?

Google BMW Connected Drive and its the first result: https://www.bmw-connecteddrive.co.uk/app/index.html?gclid=CjwKCAiAnvj9BRA4EiwAuUMDf_Whm-H4GsJT6DT7VZBD6-ANmO00CN-z9Y9F8IevvNQSchVk8NqGDxoCcPIQAvD_BwE#/portal/store