F10 530d

What did you do to your F07/F10/F11 today?

That's why you need to pick holes in their inspection methods and the fact that such a long time has passed since the last inspection at that time of year where there is heavy rainfall etc etc. Glasgow City Council are hard up at the moment, having to pay backpay to female employees, Eva's pants and shoe bill and the leaders taxi fares.

My colleague is in the same boat waiting to hear back from South Lanarkshire.

Sounds like for once NI have this right. I had to claim for a tyre and damaged alloy on a previous car. Easy. Took a photo, into the cop shop to get a confirmation note that the pot hole existed and then off to Roads Service followed 4 weeks later by a cheque for 75% of the tyre value and 100% of the alloy straightening. Tyre figure reduced as the tyre was 3 months old and they reckoned it should last a year. Figured it was too much hassle to argue.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

On 18/05/2020 at 09:12, Y15HAL said:

First time I've ever been on the M25 without stopping :o

That reminds me of a colleague who lived in deepest Essex, who had to drop his Mrs & daughter to Heathrow for an early flight; he got on the M25, went north; after he'd dropped them off, he went south, just to see which route was shorter. For many Christmases afterwards his opening quiz question was "How long is the M25?" :blink::lol:

11 hours ago, rasg said:

You'll find one almost new on eBay. I had another run flat bite the dust three weeks ago and my intention was to finally get rid of them. Money being a bit tight at the moment meant that would have meant buying two so I found a part worn identical run flat for the opposite side so they matched with 5.5 mm of tread. It looked close to new and I drove 45 miles on the space saver to have to fitted. Mine was a Dunlop. Now to recover the cash from the council for the pothole...  

Thanks buddy did get 1 but seller just emailed to say tyre is faulty.

Screenshot-20200519-203735-e-Bay.jpg

Awaiting refund search continues....

On 5/18/2020 at 1:31 PM, gIzzE said:

Yeah. 

Not sure where I am at with my business going forward, and thought I could do with the money in the bank more than sat in metal outside. 

I have an E91 as well, so can use that for now, although that is a manual, so may swap that for an auto as it is my only car. 

I keep looking at the rather nice 550i F11 for sale. Personally think it is around £4k too much at the moment, but would love that. 

Gotcha. Hope all works out for the best. 

19 hours ago, 535i Andrew said:

That's why you need to pick holes in their inspection methods and the fact that such a long time has passed since the last inspection at that time of year where there is heavy rainfall etc etc. Glasgow City Council are hard up at the moment, having to pay backpay to female employees, Eva's pants and shoe bill and the leaders taxi fares.

My colleague is in the same boat waiting to hear back from South Lanarkshire.

Andrew, I got an email yesterday confirming that the council has received my email! I wanted to attach email screenshot but the site doesn't let me, weird.

13 hours ago, eddier1558 said:

Sounds like for once NI have this right. I had to claim for a tyre and damaged alloy on a previous car. Easy. Took a photo, into the cop shop to get a confirmation note that the pot hole existed and then off to Roads Service followed 4 weeks later by a cheque for 75% of the tyre value and 100% of the alloy straightening. Tyre figure reduced as the tyre was 3 months old and they reckoned it should last a year. Figured it was too much hassle to argue.

That is not a bad outcome for you! What about tyre swap cost, wheel balance, wheel alignment?

Luckily my alloy wheel seemed fine, but I had to buy a new tyre (£150) obviously, change it and do another wheel alignment (another £75), the damaged tyre was only 1.5 months old!

Edited by Vlady

The cost of the tyre included balance and replacement. Alignment was checked but ok so I only lost out on about 25% of the tyre. I reckoned it was reasonable. It was also very easy compared to what the guys have been describing. Sometimes Central government works, not often in fairness, but on this occasion...

12 minutes ago, eddier1558 said:

I only lost out on about 25% of the tyre. I reckoned it was reasonable.

They reduce the payout on the tyre as they say it will be partly worn, you have had some moneys worth from it before their infrastructure damaged it.  I got £493 back against costs of £515, they said the tyre was part worn so would not honour its new value.  I didn't dare argue as I was happy at the amount I got back.

1 hour ago, Vlady said:

I wanted to attach email screenshot but the site doesn't let me, weird.

I use https://postimages.org/ for hosting pics.  Its free and easy to use without clutter and too many adds.

My genuine fake wheel caps and ///M badges arrived today. 

20200520-211042.jpg

After a wipe over with some panel wipe I gave them a couple of coats of sealant ready for imminent fitting. Here they are after having the sealer applied alongside one of the old original genuine caps. 10 points to the first to spot which is the genuine one.

20200520-211101.jpg

The plan now is to remove the wheels to fit the new caps and at the same time add a little ceramic grease where the wheel centres and hubs meet which I didn't manage to do when the summer wheels were fitted a few weeks ago.

48 minutes ago, 535i Andrew said:

@Cadwell Parker, what do you use as panel wipe? Would that stuff remove tree sap and tar etc?

I use this stuff and it gets rid of all coatings, except the paint. https://www.carparts4less.co.uk/p/u-pol-slow-solvent-degreaser-panel-wipe-5ltr-UPL.S2002_5?gclid=Cj0KCQjwzZj2BRDVARIsABs3l9I53-QUsV3HI18z8DlrWqi2Zjwsehv2qaBEtTPLGJuNXmT55O9dYw0aAt0PEALw_wcB

17 hours ago, Munzy123 said:

Stripped, clayed, polished and waxed then newly refurbed wheels on

Time well spent there. Looking good, nice result from the refurb as well.

9 hours ago, 535i Andrew said:

Do you line up the locking wheel bolt too?

Haha, literally the first time I did this yesterday! All four locking wheel bolts above the 'M' in BMW :D

If only I could get the tyre fitters to line up the tyre logos as well.... would be awesome!

Been tracking my n53 oil usage on a spreadsheet and ive topped up 800ml of oil over 10249 miles. Most recently it had required 250ml after 1901 miles.

To explain, yes, i am a very sad man. Yes i use a measuring jug and a spreadsheet on my phone, and its all approx because i tend to keep the idrive oil level at max and top up at half. Ive never left it get to low or asking for oil.

Also over the 10249 miles there were two oil changes involved, so its cheating a bit because i didnt record exactly how much oil was drained.

On 19/05/2020 at 15:33, nashdm2 said:

The one thing you notice on that police video is how slowly those police cars accelerated compared to modern cars.

The other thing I notice is how well the SD1 sits very little body roll and quite tight suspension over the bumps by the looks.