F10 530d

What did you do to your F07/F10/F11 today?

6 minutes ago, sjj84 said:

It's a scissor lift. Bought it just before Christmas, this was the first job I've done on it, well other than swapping onto winter wheels.

Not a very good picture, but the only one I have at the moment.

20200211_154908.jpg

Ooooohh I like that, you got a link?

I presume its a pair?

Edit,

Is this it?

https://www.automotechservices.co.uk/products/as-7532b-3-2t-mid-rise-scissor-lift/

Hmmm, I wonder.......

Edited by 535i Andrew
Found it.

1 hour ago, apples12 said:

Is that on a 520d?..

And is it possible to code gear number next to D?

Yes its on a tractor. You can flash the gearbox on its own if you want the gear number in D

Stage 1 is meh, wouldnt recommend to be honest on this car. Gives you extra power but still feels like a small engine for a big car on the motorway when trying to pickup speed

21 hours ago, IINexusII said:

Yes its on a tractor. You can flash the gearbox on its own if you want the gear number in D

Stage 1 is meh, wouldnt recommend to be honest on this car. Gives you extra power but still feels like a small engine for a big car on the motorway when trying to pickup speed

I had my 520d mapped by enda ward about a year ago now, I've found its quite good! 

May contact him about the gearbox flash

9 hours ago, 535i Andrew said:

Owned mine for four years now.

:wub:

And.......... still love it? I'm coming up to three years with mine, genuinely don't know what I'd replace it with, being the touring it's just so handy with two young kids.

On 13/02/2020 at 07:42, 535i Andrew said:

Owned mine for four years now.

:wub:

Similar to me, bought September 2015. This is my second car in 11 years and i still enjoy driving it. Not sure what I'll replace it with, I don't like the g30 enough to change. I don't do enough mileage to warrant a car really, so seems pointless changing especially as I like it.

2 hours ago, bmwmike said:

I don't do enough mileage to warrant a car really,

Bollox, if God had intended us to walk everywhere, he wouldn't have invented the car now would he?

I do 12 miles a day in mine but it sure as hell, beats walking in the rain, and cold, and hail, and snow.

27 minutes ago, 535i Andrew said:

Bollox, if God had intended us to walk everywhere, he wouldn't have invented the car now would he?

I do 12 miles a day in mine but it sure as hell, beats walking in the rain, and cold, and hail, and snow.

Haha. True. I meant second car in fairness. My 5 sits still 5 days out of 7 because I work from home. Wifey car gets most use during the week.

Bought black grills for the car even though I have only seen it in pictures and videos.

Strange I know .... 

Collecting car in next few days 

Edited by marko530d

On 14/02/2020 at 13:59, bmwmike said:

Haha. True. I meant second car in fairness. My 5 sits still 5 days out of 7 because I work from home. Wifey car gets most use during the week.

Same as me, and if I travel for work I get the train, or a hire car to an airport as it’s cheaper than parking for anything more then three days. Mine still gets used at the weekend and any long family trips, plus nursery drop off of the weather is ropey. 

All I have done, is realized I have Park Assist!! (I have selected it before, but just thought it was an all camera view of obstacles, not steer itself) 

Now I shall be finding somewhere to use it, if I dare :unsure:

Does anyone know if its only parallel park and not perpendicular park?

Edited by percha

1 minute ago, percha said:

All I have done, is realized I have Park Assist!! (I have selected it before, but just thought it was an all camera view of obstacles) 

Now I shall be finding somewhere to use it, if I dare :unsure:

I'm trying to workout what features I'm missing and would like:

Park assist. I'm pretty damn good at parking. People even comment. I have very good spacial awareness. I like parking. 

Heated steering wheel. I would like that. 

Adaptive cruise. Sounds scary, but I would use it I think. 

Heated rear seats. Meh, my 7 year old can slum it. 

Soft close doors. I don't seem to need them, my lad could, but he'll learn. 

Comfort access. I could see that being useful.

Profile buttons and memory steering and seat slide. Nah. Set once and never change. I'm the only driver, and my dad just pushes it forward and doesn't touch the electric positions. 

Boot close button  foot wave. Yeah I'd like it. I use the boot shopping and golf weekly. And both times I think only if. But its only another thing to brake.

Side camera. I suppose for parking assist only? 

Blinds. Sounds like they'll brake. And the windows are tinted anyway. 

Lane assist. No way is a computer moving my steering wheel. Not yet anyway. 

Advanced dual aircon. The one where the passenger can set fan speed. Its a pretty small cabin, doubt its that useful. But it would remove the blanking plates and look nicer. 

I think that's it. I have everything else. Other than rear entertainment and super top audio.