F10 530d

What did you do to your F07/F10/F11 today?

51 minutes ago, nick_mcuk said:

Ahhh ok I always pay manually not having the Govt having my bank details and free roam to take money when they want :) 

Yeah, I get your intent/feeling. But it doesn't really work like that. 

51 minutes ago, nashdm2 said:

I might do this also, it's one less bill to pay manually.

Though in Matthew’s (and my) case it’s quite a big jolt to your account so you need to be prepared!

Do you still get about a month’s warning of it being debited?

21 hours ago, Boba said:

Though in Matthew’s (and my) case it’s quite a big jolt to your account so you need to be prepared!

Do you still get about a month’s warning of it being debited?

I received a notification from the DVLA on the 18th October where they thanked me for setting up or renewing my DD and the cash chunk left my account on the 1st November. 

On 06/01/2020 at 21:51, 535i Andrew said:

My professional Engineering membership subscription (which is also due this month :() gives me a reduction when paying by annually repeating direct debit.

The difference is that you have some choice with the engineering membership so they want you to just pay and forget about it whereas with car tax you have no (legal) choice in the matter. So if you pay up front the government 'make' more money from you through interest.

38 minutes ago, entdgc said:

So if you pay up front the government 'make' more money from you through interest.

Exactly which is why I've always paid mine on the last day of the month.  I've an offset mortgage so keeping the money in my account as long as possible is of far more benefit to me. ;)

Changed the brake fluid using a Gunzon Eezibleed pressure kit.

IMG-5369.jpg

And reset the iDrive service.

After that I then did an interim oil change on my dads G01 B47.

IMG-5390.jpg

Filter was tricky to get at with the front end lifted up and being so far back it the engine bay, neither of us was quite tall enough to reach easily!

IMG-5394.jpg

IMG-5396.jpg

My F10 was much easier to do this job on with the filter being at the front middle of the engine bay!

Found out that the passenger side engine mount was totally shot to pieces with 1.5inches of vertical movement when the engine was put under load. 

New mounts on order along with gearbox mount to be fitted next week

Also discovered the diff is still leaking from its seals which were apparently re-fitted in August 2019 after initial replacement in may 2019... Fortunately the garage has agreed to see the car back again under parts warranty. I am sceptical anything was even done as the diff didnt look like it had even been touched let along removed and been fiddled with to remove seals... Let's see

Breathed a sigh of relief when my car started this morning after I changed the key fob battery.  I only checked that it unlocked and locked the car last night an not that the really important task of starting it was still achievable after I'd been in messing with it.;)

Basic snow foam pressure wash and gave the wheels a good going over with a wheel brush. Took out the front floor mats and gave them a clean with the pressure washer and the windows/screen got a good clean on the inside. Booked in for MOT next Friday. Hard to believe it's almost a year since I bought the F11. Still enjoying every mile I drive in it. 

Cleaned area under bonnet hinges :smile: this is driver side and passenger side didn't need cleaning as it was really clean 

Screenshot_2020-01-18-15-06-55.png

20200118_145726.jpg

My F11 failed it's MOT last Saturday on the cover of the offside ball joint on the track rod end. None in stock anywhere locally so I went to Europarts in Hayes and they had one in stock and I had it fitted on the Sunday by a mechanic neighbour for £20. Over £100 plus with Berry Heathrow. £61 all in at Europarts.

Updated the maps from 2016 to 2020  in my F11 a couple of days ago. Pretty seamless loading and only £20 on eBay.

1 hour ago, rasg said:

Updated the maps from 2016 to 2020  in my F11 a couple of days ago. Pretty seamless loading and only £20 on eBay.

Good to hear about the maps. I'm on 2016 on my 66 plate. A little hesitate to update due to hearing of failures. But I might give it a go. Link from the bay? 

I gave my f10 a good clean on the outside. 

Clean bucket and dirt bucket bought from halfords (mags) 

Bought some cleaning stuff from amazon, so I stop using my dad's when I go round to use his water lol

On 18/01/2020 at 21:48, Skynet5 said:

Good to hear about the maps. I'm on 2016 on my 66 plate. A little hesitate to update due to hearing of failures. But I might give it a go. Link from the bay?  

Maps:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ORIGINAL-BMW-Navigation-MAP-UPDATE-2020-MAPS-DATA-ONLY-CIC-NBT-NEXT-PREMIUM/174152732508?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Lifetime code:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BMW-FSC-CODE-MINI-CIC-NBT-MAP-UPDATE-MOVE-MOTION-PREMIUM-AND-NEXT-2020/113912141248?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

I had a remap on my 2014 535D F11 last week too. 

Only went for a modest stage 1 ECU remap from a Quantum Tuning installer, hoping to keep it within the car's tolerances. 

So went from 313bhp to 360bhp, and from 630nm to 700nm.

Car feels very responsive and fast for a diesel. Nice seeing the dials on the sports displays maxing out! 

Edited by pythonman

Took my F11 for its MOT today. It passed with flying colours :lol: I was confident it would be ok but it's still a nail biter sitting waiting for the test to complete.

Also spent a couple of hours yesterday giving my recently refurbished summer wheels a wipe down with some panel wipe before applying a couple of coats ceramic sealer. All ready now for getting some summer tyres fitted in a few weeks.