F10 530d

What did you do to your F07/F10/F11 today?

Just ordered 3 Mahle oil filters to keep our cars going for the next year. Ordered through Autodoc with 24% off so have also bought Mahle cabin filters and air filter for Mrs CPs F20 which will be good to have in hand.

Total for all that was £67 inc £8 delivery. For comparison Opie Oils price was £79 with free delivery and  Euro Car Parts £79 for Mann filters. I'm quite happy at that :)

3 hours ago, Cadwell Parker said:

Just ordered 3 Mahle oil filters to keep our cars going for the next year. Ordered through Autodoc with 24% off so have also bought Mahle cabin filters and air filter for Mrs CPs F20 which will be good to have in hand.

Total for all that was £67 inc £8 delivery. For comparison Opie Oils price was £79 with free delivery and  Euro Car Parts £79 for Mann filters. I'm quite happy at that :)

For the pollen filter, did you go for the standard carbon activated or the Caremetix? I went for the Caremetix ones with my last service, does reduce the amount of pollutants you get through the cabin but not 100%. Definate improvement and way too many poorly maintained cars and especially vans around London these days...

30 minutes ago, IINexusII said:

For the pollen filter, did you go for the standard carbon activated or the Caremetix?

I just got the standard activated carbon one, same as I put in the F11 a while ago. We live in rural S. W. Scotland and although we have the odd trip up to Glasgow now and then most of our driving is done in good clean country air :D

Today I reversed in to a parking barrier while arguing with the Mrs while inputting an address in the Satnav.

Car is ok!!!!

Today I found the car to be a little squishy and tramliney on the motorway but haven't driven it for a while. Pulled up at destination and noticed the NSR tyre looked a little... flat.  Didn't even register on my electric pump :shock:. Got it to a garage and splashed out 50p on checking all the tyres which I admit have not looked at in ages and they all were very low :rolleyes::sad:

Listen up kids and check those tyre pressures more often than err, I do.

5 minutes ago, bmwmike said:

Today I found the car to be a little squishy and tramliney on the motorway but haven't driven it for a while. Pulled up at destination and noticed the NSR tyre looked a little... flat.  Didn't even register on my electric pump :shock:. Got it to a garage and splashed out 50p on checking all the tyres which I admit have not looked at in ages and they all were very low :rolleyes::sad:

or just check them while driving? dont they show on your vehicle status?

Edited by IINexusII

Busy day doing odd jobs on mine today.

I struck a pothole yesterday quite violently so I took the nearside wheels off to check they were still round, which they were thankfully, no bulges in the tyres either and the suspension joints all inspected o.k. too.  Couldn't resist cleaning them.

IMG_5311.jpg

Also replaced the four locking wheel bolts with the replacements from Cotswolds after I damaged one putting the winters on two months ago.

IMG_5345.jpg

Following some over enthusiastic cleaning following the recent oil change I broke a hose clip that secures a coolant hose to the cylinder head cover and it had now started to rain.

IMG_5312.jpg

It was replaced 

IMG_5330.jpg

I took the cylinder head cover off to refit the hose clip (and to clean it) and to have a look at whats involved in accessing the spark plugs which need changing this October.

IMG-5315.jpg

The front three coils are easily accessible, the fourth is under the corrugations on the pipe that leads down to the turbo, which needs to come out after disconnecting two hoses via plastic clips first. Then the short duct to the left of the air filter cover needs to be removed to access the fifth and sixth coils.  Still at least it looks easier than having the move air conditioning lines out the way and persuading brake lines to move slightly that I had to do on my E60.

9 minutes ago, bmwmike said:

Good shout, I checked mine too, they were all down about 0.1 of a bar.

5 minutes ago, IINexusII said:

Pre LCi doesn't have tyre pressure monitoring, but I would have thought the TPWS would have picked up the "flat" due to the change or rolling radius.  Did that not warn you @bmwmike?

6 minutes ago, IINexusII said:

Embarrassingly I did have what I thought was a spurious low pressure warning a week ago. I dismissed it :ph34r: because it showed all four as dodgy. Couldn't possibly all four flat, right!  Realise I'm sounding like a bit of a plonker at this stage haha.

In my defense my car has the bog standard rotational warning system not the actual pressure one.

14 minutes ago, bmwmike said:

Embarrassingly I did have what I thought was a spurious low pressure warning a week ago. I dismissed it :ph34r: because it showed all four as dodgy. Couldn't possibly all four flat, right! 

Does the TPWS on our cars tell you which wheel has the issue?  I've never had a warning on the F10 yet.

9 minutes ago, 535i Andrew said:

Does the TPWS on our cars tell you which wheel has the issue?  I've never had a warning on the F10 yet.

It does. Which is why when all four went off at the same time I assumed as I had not driven over a police stinger it must be spurious.  The TPWS system is pants, it's very slow to react but on this occasion was correct.  I have non RFT fitted too. NSR was proper flat.  Car drives *amazing* now. Funny that, but it's also quite interesting to me how well it drove at cough cough speed with a flat tyre and 3 low tyres.

2 hours ago, bmwmike said:

I check mine fairly regularly. Specifically if there is a large temperature change. It makes a quite a difference.

The following link is useful.

https://www.bushtyres.co.uk/tyre-news/the-effects-of-a-heatwave-on-tyre-pressures

11 hours ago, 535i Andrew said:

Busy day doing odd jobs on mine today.

I struck a pothole yesterday quite violently so I took the nearside wheels off to check they were still round, which they were thankfully, no bulges in the tyres either and the suspension joints all inspected o.k. too.  Couldn't resist cleaning them.

Andrew, on 18th of December I too struck a pothole in Glasgow but I wasn't lucky as you are as a front tyre got a side cut and started loosing air, so I had to stop and put a space saver on, thanks Lexus has it! So I had to order a new tyre and last Friday changed it at Lexus Glasgow and did a wheel alignment too! 

I just put 4 new tyres on 1.5 months ago, these deep potholes are everywhere! Shocking!

I contacted Glasgow council but not heard from them anything yet!

The pothole I it was fixed 2 days later, looks like it was reported before that! Grrr!

9 hours ago, rasg said:

Specifically if there is a large temperature change. It makes a quite a difference.

I find that too. Generally at the start of summer and start of winter. I could virtually guarantee than my E60 would fire off a warning. It was spurious and the tyre pressures were checked and reset. 

20 minutes ago, Vlady said:

Andrew, on 18th of December I too struck a pothole in Glasgow but I wasn't lucky as you are as a front tyre got a side cut and started loosing air, so I had to stop and put a space saver on, thanks Lexus has it! So I had to order a new tyre and last Friday changed it at Lexus Glasgow and did a wheel alignment too! 

I just put 4 new tyres on 1.5 months ago, these deep potholes are everywhere! Shocking!

I contacted Glasgow council but not heard from them anything yet!

The pothole I it was fixed 2 days later, looks like it was reported before that! Grrr!

Sorry to here that. Keep on at the Council! They have money to pay for the Lord Provosts pants and the leaders taxi fares so they have plenty cash to pay for your repair. The fact that they repaired it so quickly is as far as I'm concerned an admission of guilt. Probably means they knew about it before and when yet another complaint came in with damage to a vehicle they fixed it before you could take details.

I was very persistent with Renfrewshire Council after an E60 rim was bent in on itself and got over 90% of my costs back.  

Good luck!

Got my vehicle tax reminder in today for the end of the month,  I'm sure they get earlier and earlier in the month each year. Needs its MOT first.

£260 to run my car on pothole infested roads.  Hmmm.

12 minutes ago, 535i Andrew said:

Got my vehicle tax reminder in today for the end of the month,  I'm sure they get earlier and earlier in the month each year. Needs its MOT first.

£260 to run my car on pothole infested roads.  Hmmm.

I signed up to Direct Debit when I bought the 6GT so just don't need to think about it anymore and probably best as £465 was taken from my account on the 1st November!

5 minutes ago, Matthew Ashton said:

I signed up to Direct Debit when I bought the 6GT so just don't need to think about it anymore and probably best as £465 was taken from my account on the 1st November!

Thankfully all our fleet is up to date....next bills are the Porka service and Tax in Feb/March....

4 minutes ago, Matthew Ashton said:

I was debating the DD.  Just like the TV license it comes off without you doing anything....and you can argue the same, loads of money for very little in return.:P

1 minute ago, 535i Andrew said:

I was debating the DD.  Just like the TV license it comes off without you doing anything....and you can argue the same, loads of money for very little in return.:P

Dont you pay more doing it by DD though???

5 minutes ago, Matthew Ashton said:

Not on the TV license nor Car Tax when you pay annually.

Ahhh ok I always pay manually not having the Govt having my bank details and free roam to take money when they want :) 

£273.00 if I pay monthly installments of "approximately" £22.75.  £13 a year more for on the monthly.

My professional Engineering membership subscription (which is also due this month :() gives me a reduction when paying by annually repeating direct debit.

Just now, nick_mcuk said:

Ahhh ok I always pay manually not having the Govt having my bank details and free roam to take money when they want :) 

Direct Debit protected... and the government have your details anyway :ph34r: