Mazz

'94 540i Touring 6spd - The Money Pit!

If I had some proper space, some steel and a welder I’d have done some proper work on the car considering I’ve had the whole month at my disposal like most of us.

instead all I managed was clean the garage she sits and, change the destroyed door mirror with a replacement one from Geoff, and today I performed a compression check; although, still not convinced as I should have turned off fuel supply.

results are as follows: (seen from the driver seat)

5)160 |||||||| 1) 150
6)165 |||||||| 2) 160

7)180 |||||||| 3) 140

8)160 |||||||| 4) 140

Sounds to me like a replacement lump is something that I should keep an eye out for. Won’t happen until my wages go up by a couple of quid, so not anytime soon.

FD6C701C-DBC9-4C90-A252-D4748AD0334B.thumb.jpeg.4af83ac7f53076bbbf6a249c5139cc3c.jpeg

I also finally got rid of the devils number plate, which is now on a certificate. Need to try and get rid of it efficiently. Original reg back online.

A0CB616B-323A-4E67-913B-B1B57CA85FCC.thumb.jpeg.6e16da2cbb2f2d3d6fcf55f96f20e1e9.jpeg

DFCD168A-D570-44EF-A704-4B2A619CEB8F.thumb.jpeg.1d8399bad03570458547bec8e03dd395.jpeg

I agree, the other one was hideous.

My plan is to get period correct plates once all of the important stuff will be done.

Just read all from the start, nice read up until the storm damage. That's a real bummer. Probably too late now but I reckon I'd have been threatening legal action if I was paying rent and that happened. Mine's a lowly 520 but fjordgrau also. I've not had the balls to remove my sill covers yet lol, but will get around to it. Only bought it in November and declared it off the road with the intention of taking it out for the summer. Not looking likely now with all test centres closed. As it's certificate was out since last year I'm screwed. It's only if it was up for renewal it gets a free extension. :(

Keliuss

Just read all from the start, nice read up until the storm damage. That's a real bummer. Probably too late now but I reckon I'd have been threatening legal action if I was paying rent and that happened. Mine's a lowly 520 but fjordgrau also. I've not had the balls to remove my sill covers yet lol, but will get around to it. Only bought it in November and declared it off the road with the intention of taking it out for the summer. Not looking likely now with all test centres closed. As it's certificate was out since last year I'm screwed. It's only if it was up for renewal it gets a free extension.

Keliuss
You still can get it tested.

23 minutes ago, morv said:

You still can get it tested.

Perhaps I should have pointed out I'm in Ireland. Test centres are closed. I've looked into any possible exemptions/workarounds. It's tough shit for anyone that didn't have their test upcoming when all this shit hit the fan. 

Keliuss

thank you, the incident with the hedge cutter was unfortunate, and unfortunately at the time I was leaving at a colelagues house for very cheap, so complaining about things like these was more difficult than if I was just a regular tenant with a contract and all that. I was hoping he'd come to terms with me but he would have none of it, so I moved out.

Could have gone a lot worse, windows could have been smashed, including the windscreen, and that is something that I do not want to deal with. Fortunately it will all be repairable, the only bad spot is on the A pillar..

If yours isn;t a touring you could be lucky with the condition of the sills. Best of luck is all I can say to you !!

Glad you've posted as it reminds me I ought to give mine a bit of a hug...

Flat stars and the aero roof bars look great- Think I've some squirrelled away somewhere too...

Still daren't start a resto. thread of my own, as it would be very boring!

Hope you get that damaged fixed okay...

Well, maybe, and I suppose at least it might remind me how lame I have been...

Seems every time I think I am in a position to get back into doing cars actively life waylays me...excuse, excuses, I know!

Right, enough OT...

Thank you. I have been incredibly lazy with this car, primarily because of the 2/3k I need to save up to get it welded up.

Working on it, give it time !

6BD26928-4D1A-4350-9C28-3AFEEB5896CD.jpeg

CC61BBF0-95E4-4F1A-946C-40BF9DC5E83F.jpeg

4D232BDC-2420-4D86-BDA3-DBBBC7768076.jpeg