MANDER

E60 535D Gearbox Service

Booked my E60 535d in for a gearbox serivce, I had a gearbox service done on my e39 which was hot oil flush, new filter, gasket and new oil obv think it cost around 250 on the e39 few years ago  but

the E60 just because its 6 speed its going to cost me 410 quid   thats

new plastic sump with built in filter

hot oil flush

new oil

and a new rubber boot sleeve

Garage said i dont need to change the rubber boot sleeve only if its leaking but as im going to keeep the car im having that changed even if its not leaking.

How much have yous paid for your gearbox service ?

I am looking to have mine done soon so will be interested to hear about prices and what people have changed/replaced.

Horsey

Just had mine done 530 d and garage needed car night before as they said gearbox oil must be cold to do service so i dont think you want warm oil coming out mate.Think it was around 350 but will check in a bit.

You need the gearbox to be cooler than 50 deg C which it could be if you drove a way to get to the garage.. 

When filling you fill the box via the side entry until it starts to come out, you put the plug back in start the car (it recommends AC on too) and go through the gears allowing it time to engage. Keep checking the gearbox oil temp ( i used a laser pointed gun type on the sump) when the oil is around 40 deg C, leave the engine running undo the filler and keep topping up until oil pours out making sure the gearbox oil is not above 50 deg C which means starting again as it could be over filled. Job done..

Got the Gearbox service done then ..

Gearbox Ecu Update

Hot oil Flush

New oil with New sump Pan filter

New rubber Sleeve

Before i got all this done the car 9/10 times when coming to a stop id get the gearbox push from 2nd gear to 1st gear only when coming to a stop, also sometimes doing cruise control on motorway steady speed say 70 the rev would sometimes move around.    

Since getting all that no more problems 2/nd gear to 1st gear stop no more thud, also the shifts are 100 times better also no more bouncy revs, the gearbox running so much smoother   

Done mine myself easy as falling off a log !

Yeah - If the log is upside down, at an acute angle, 195ft up a single coniferous tree, in the middle of the desert. And you have to climb up there with nothing but your bare hands.

And when you get there, the log has moved another 195ft up the same tree.

Unless of course, you have access to full workshop tools and ramps etc - In which case I would agree - Like falling off a log. lol

Edited by Wabby

Did mine in the forest with an old school scissor jack a hammer and a nail file , worked out pretty good!

The plot thickens.

Now we now why your car wont start! lol  :cool:  :P  :shock:

Jeremy Clarkson is in the house.

Edited by Wabby

The plot thickens.

Now we now why your car wont start! lol :cool::P:shock:

Jeremy Clarkson is in the house.

I was trying to keep it a secret regarding the forest and nail file , but I couldn't contain myself and it just slipped out

But no , of course I did it on a ramp with all the relevant tools to do the job

Ps my car won't start due to over helpful friends! But have inpa now and a whole heap of other software that I'm installing at the min so hopefully car should be mint later or tomorrow then I can get the lowering kit on her

Ps my car won't start due to over helpful friends! But have inpa now and a whole heap of other software that I'm installing at the min so hopefully car should be mint later or tomorrow then I can get the lowering kit on her

Good luck mate. If you need any help with inpa etc drop me a PM. Happy to help without being over helpful. Lol

Good luck mate. If you need any help with inpa etc drop me a PM. Happy to help without being over helpful. Lol

Oh, nice ! Cheers mate that would be grand thanks I will do cheers

I managed to get the car level and about 12" off the floor, slid underneath and changed it. Sure it would have been nice to get it right up on a lift but it's still possible a foot up.

I managed to get the car level and about 12" off the floor, slid underneath and changed it. Sure it would have been nice to get it right up on a lift but it's still possible a foot up.

Haha Blobby you sure you fitted under there with a 12"gap?

I had to breath in. On a plus point getting the under tray back on was great, I rested in on my built in tray

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Getting mine done tomorrow £325 all In new sump filter, sleeve , oil , plug just praying it's already after loads horror story's out there its got 130k and is leaking :-(

Are the zf boxes? If so that's about the right price. Thats what my jag cost for a similar service. Although I thinknit may have been around £20 more mine.

Yup. Same box.