judojody

Expert advice and thoughts on this E61

Hello experts,

I was after some advice and general thoughts on the E61535d SE in the attached pictures.

It is a 57 LCI originally from a dealer less than 25s mile from me, now being sold just 5 miles from my home address by a reputable home seller who only deals in German vehicle, with 104,000 miles on the clock and 2 owners. FBMSH from the supplying dealer until the last 2 which were carried out by Eden in Yeovil. 

I have had a decent test drive in the car and it all seems good.

Body work is immaculate, interior very good everything function as it should.

Spec is OK, Panoramic roof, Soft Close, Heated Comfort Seats, Sport Gearbox, Lane Departure. I know it is not a huge spec sheet.

post-41243-0-52024500-1425134053_thumb.p

post-41243-0-00381800-1425134162_thumb.p

post-41243-0-33436000-1425134520_thumb.p

I know it is not the most desirable of E61 given it is an SE and the colour of the leather etc but that said, it is by far the best priced E61 535d around for sale at the moment and it is 10 minutes away from me!

I have checked all the necessary things such as, running temperature, water in the spare wheel well etc. However any further advice or thoughts would be greatly received.

Thanks in advance.

Jody

Edited by judojody

They look like those active seats or whatever they're called, I could be wrong. Looks like it has a great spec to me.

One thing I'd be certain of in a 535d is the torque convertor being all good, constant drive at 50-60, light throttle and see if the revs fluctuate at all. Were the gear changes smooth?

They look like those active seats or whatever they're called, I could be wrong. Looks like it has a great spec to me.

One thing I'd be certain of in a 535d is the torque convertor being all good, constant drive at 50-60, light throttle and see if the revs fluctuate at all. Were the gear changes smooth?

Yep they are those active seats and they are very comfy indeed!

Torque convertor seems OK no issues noticed on the test drive and gear change was silky smooth.

The seller will put 3 months warranty on it but i might try to get him to make that 6!

Edited by judojody

See if you can get a look under the floor in the boot area to see if the electronics are OK with no water intrusion what-so-ever

See if you can get a look under the floor in the boot area to see if the electronics are OK with no water intrusion what-so-ever

Thanks, I checked this and its bone dry. 

First thing I will do if the deal goes through is check all the minor design issues with drainage pipes front and rear!

I know it is not the most desirable of E61 given it is an SE and the colour of the leather etc 

Jody

Whats wrong with colour and leather? Just like mine and I think the darker wood goes well with it. The fact that it is an SE means it will be a more comfy ride but I admit it doesn't look as nice as an MSport...

Dave

Looks very nice apart from wood trim.

What would you replace it with?

I feel piano black is a bit boring with a black dash top while aluminium and carbon fibre look brash, and don't clash with the light leather.

All my personal opinion of course, it's a highly subjective issue!

Edited by v8 boy

Thanks for the comments guys, I like the colour, interior and exterior, but realise it's not the most desirable. The dark wood does go well with the leather.

I'll keep you updated.

Thanks

Jody