Twiglet

What did you do to your E60/61 today?

Why have you got new ones ? . Are they different .

No mine hasn't got m sport ones on as its an SE with everything m sport apart from skirts grr

Tapatalking.....

No mine hasn't got m sport ones on as its an SE with everything m sport apart from skirts grr

Tapatalking.....

I had a 318is over 10 years ago all m3 bumpers ,wheels spoiler but without the side skirts , it drove me mad. Im sure you will be happier when yours are fitted

Contemplating removing light ring LEDS to try and get my amplifier to stop causing interferance through my speakers. Really is quite annoying and slightly embarrassing when passengers get in. Problem is I've just finished work for a few weeks and I'm nackered...

Contemplating removing light ring LEDS to try and get my amplifier to stop causing interferance through my speakers. Really is quite annoying and slightly embarrassing when passengers get in. Problem is I've just finished work for a few weeks and I'm nackered...

Give it day and start Saturday

Found a couple of festoon style LEDs in the shed and thought I'd fit them in the number plate lights. Looked good but got bulb errors :(

I had bought them for the puddle lights in my Omega but guess they weren't canbus!

Well I'm seeing increased mpg since new stat. Never been so high

Must check my temps again - stats changed last year.

On another note, changed my micro filters and reset the service indicator. Hardly worth it when the Aircon isn't working, but at least gets rid of the service light.

Which bulbs did you get ? What are they like in the daytime ?

The colour on those looks spot on. I've seen too many with a hint of green or blue and they just look cheap.

Link please as i see yours are pre lci non xenon. Also, any errors ??

Thanks fellas. No errors thrown up. They look really good and I'm pleased with them. I know you can get a dozen or so cheap 501 bulbs for about £2 from China, but these ones are worth paying the extra for. UK seller too. They are £3.99 for a pair, so £7.98 well spent. Here's the link.....

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/371284092665?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2648&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Edited by Geordie

Thanks fellas. No errors thrown up. They look really good and I'm pleased with them. I know you can get a dozen or so cheap 501 bulbs for about £2 from China, but these ones are worth paying the extra for. UK seller too. They are £3.99 for a pair, so £7.98 well spent. Here's the link.....

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/371284092665?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2648&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Bought. Cheers mate.

Yep, pre lci.

Not difficult to replace with the light units in situ. Bit fiddly, but easy enough. You can see the bulbs you need to remove by getting down low and looking at the top of each light.

Sorted out a spare wheel for my E61.....

Purchased the yellow Mitsubishi wheel off EBay for a whole £2, yes £2 and it had the correct tyre size fitted.

4e0c922d07f2920d433159d7fd001243.jpg

154b6c734ddeb17facf7e5156316d769.jpg

e3b189f11f5fbc6e0c822745734067f5.jpg

147d260c9f75000afabb8afd46b35ca0.jpg

Then I purchased the steel spare direct from BMW for £48 and had a tyre mate (cheers EdenTyres.com) swap tyre FOC this afternoon.

60eda8a9c1c5ba3677929b611a41b431.jpg

I then came to fit it below the boot floor but as I discovered (along with all E61 owners) leaving the boot liner in place the wheel wouldn't fit so out it came and now the spare sits perfectly in place.

71ae6e0ebac845f9d366aaa7fb7ea9ae.jpg

13df02affac92e2a3a679cdc6d337c5c.jpg

fb5d357533d6d0e6692e99d987eea1e4.jpg

b9748f35e6716a4ec482bb826c009edd.jpg

I'd also purchased a BMW jack off EBay for £15 so this whole setup has cost me £65, very pleased and much happier now knowing I won't be left stranded.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk