Twiglet

What did you do to your E60/61 today?

I finally washed mine.... And got to play with the new DI vessel, One wash laster and a rinse with pure water then watch it dry without a mark... Bloody brilliant :D

4 hours ago, GoNz0 said:

I finally washed mine.... And got to play with the new DI vessel, One wash laster and a rinse with pure water then watch it dry without a mark... Bloody brilliant :D

To tell more, my Carbon Black is a pig to wash. 

5 hours ago, GoNz0 said:

Nice one, and yes, do tell us more about it. Not that I'll be getting a DI water setup myself anytime soon. Just interested :)

Keliuss

2 hours ago, dirtydirtydiesel said:

To tell more, my Carbon Black is a pig to wash. 

59 minutes ago, Keliuss said:

Nice one, and yes, do tell us more about it. Not that I'll be getting a DI water setup myself anytime soon. Just interested :)

Keliuss

It's this https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DI-Resin-Vessel-11L-For-Window-Cleaning-0817-Hozelock-Fittings-Filled-MB-151/272808081076

Basically the same setup smaller outfits use for the water fed window cleaners you see, a final rinse hooked up to that and a few hours later when it had dried there wasn't a mark on it, no wiping dry unless it's getting a top up.

You will need one of these to check the quality and to let you know when it needs new resin. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/EC-TDS-LCD-Digital-Pure-Water-Quality-Tester-Meter-0-9990-PPM-Filter-Purity-Bag/193706649773?

You can also clean the house windows, fill the iron and it's ideal to mix screen wash as well as coolant mixing :)

Edited by GoNz0

Also removed my winter wheels and gave it a wash. Need a clay bar, theres a lot of crap on the paint so I didn't get too engrossed. First time I've had these wheels on the car as well, they're pretty rough up close so I'll get a refurb on them next winter. Front tyres are run flats, those will be going ASAP as the handling is not nice.

20210221_162045.thumb.jpg.680caf3f529d7faee01e28f308f492d4.jpg

Today was a new rear brake wear sensor, old one would reset the counter and had not been grounded out previously. 

Edited by dj1233

20 hours ago, FLX said:

Also removed my winter wheels and gave it a wash. Need a clay bar, theres a lot of crap on the paint so I didn't get too engrossed. First time I've had these wheels on the car as well, they're pretty rough up close so I'll get a refurb on them next winter. Front tyres are run flats, those will be going ASAP as the handling is not nice.

The wheels are nice. What are they? Look a bit like a style 32 variant.

Keliuss

21 hours ago, FLX said:

Looks lovely that, fancy doing mine :-)

1 hour ago, mpgscott said:

Looks lovely that, fancy doing mine :-)

Thanks, the photo makes it look a lot better than it actually is though :lol: my single bucket wash would probably raise a few eyebrows too, keep forgetting to pick up another one.

3 hours ago, FLX said:

@Keliuss Thanks, they're the radial/concave Style 32 that was an option on the E6X. I'm a big fan of the 32's in the flat and dished versions as well.

Cheers. I never even knew these existed. And yes, I have to agree, 32's are nice, particularly dished. :)

Keliuss

Finally got a working cable hooked up, thanks @jimmy. After days of messing around re-installing windows, playing with settings it was my old BMCables plug.

Only to find I have some lovely errors sat waiting for me. Thanks @jimmy!! Maybe I was better off without a working cable :D

On 21/02/2021 at 17:16, dirtydirtydiesel said:

Carbon Black is a pig to wash. 

Agreed ...

Changed the front tyres from the run flat Kumho's to Michelin Pilot Sport 4. Had the use of a tyre machine but getting the run flats off was a fair challenge, of course it's by design they did not want to pop off the beads.

I can just picture the meeting where this was discussed. 'Well if we don't have to supply a spare wheel space saver and jack with every car we could save this much!' *points at spreadsheet* 'Who cares about handling these days anyway?' :lol:

On 10/02/2021 at 09:37, andy007 said:

Great idea, I have a 3D printer with some black plastic, how did you draw it, what software? Can you send me the code??

Hi, forgot about this. Here's the file.

It's not perfect, it probably needs refinement, but it's ok as is. I've been messing around with it, trying to get it to print the cover and text separate but I'm missing something, I can't get the slicer to do the text floating in mid air (Cura 4.8). I'm convinced it's possible, so I could flip the cover over, hold it down and print the text directly on it . More research will be required!

Have fun!

Cover 535d.stl

11 hours ago, ger said:

Hi, forgot about this. Here's the file.

It's not perfect, it probably needs refinement, but it's ok as is. I've been messing around with it, trying to get it to print the cover and text separate but I'm missing something, I can't get the slicer to do the text floating in mid air (Cura 4.8). I'm convinced it's possible, so I could flip the cover over, hold it down and print the text directly on it . More research will be required!

Have fun!

Cover 535d.stl

I don’t know how to do it in Cura, but I think this is an option with Simplify3D. I’ll have a look.

Alternatively you could try editing your G-code to increase X, or adjust your bed height down....

New induction pipe lower seals, hopefully this stops the little oil leak.  Fixed the front undersheild in place as was missing some of the plastic fittings.

The passenger side fitting seems to be where the oil leak was coming from.

Gave the old machine a wash comes up pretty good.

E7D33596-60C0-43DA-A005-2091B0FC39B3.jpeg

Edited by mpgscott

Gutted my dpf, found the flexi had been wrapped in some kind of tape to seal a leak, so replaced that. Gutted the cat as well cos it was next in line. . . . . . and tried to free the rear wiper as its seized. . . . .finish tmorra.

21 hours ago, Pissant said:

Gutted my dpf, found the flexi had been wrapped in some kind of tape to seal a leak, so replaced that. Gutted the cat as well cos it was next in line. . . . . . and tried to free the rear wiper as its seized. . . . .finish tmorra.

Nice one, did you do this yourself?

Project "Arse end" is near the end of the planning stage.

Prop bearing (Vaico make the OE one with a blue dust shield, they also do a cheaper one so don't get confused) and doughnut (Meyle HD)

Rear subframe bushes (Lemforder)

Diff bushes (Meyle as they had ran out of Lemforder and the 3rd I still have to source)

Lemforder or Meyle swing arm bushes, if I struggle getting the Lemmies in I'll switch to the pre sleeved Meyle as I have both

4 Lemforder control arms and a pair of rose bushes

Lemforder nuts and bolts.

The box was serviced 3 years ago when I got the car so I figured I'd do an oil change and added a ZF kit to the list...

It's going to be a bit busy doing that lot!